Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windows 7 Super Bar / Taskbar

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows 7 Vista-Style Taskbar.

I wasn’t initially a fan of the Windows 7 taskbar when it was first introduced in early Windows 7 builds, but as the design was refined in the run up to the beta, I was converted and now actively prefer the new look, particularly when I’ve got lots of windows open simultaneously. For those who really would prefer a look more reminiscent of Windows Vista, the good news is that it’s easy to customize the look of the taskbar to more closely mirror the old version:

To achieve this look in Windows 7, right-click on the taskbar and choose the properties dialog. Select the “small icons” checkbox and under the “taskbar buttons” setting, choose “combine when taskbar is full”. It’s not pixel-perfect in accuracy, but it’s close from a functionality point of view.

-

7thsinger

VIP Member
I've been playing with this option a little bit too. Thus far, i'm liking the super bar for it's functionality. (i have yet to have more than a couple things open at the same time though)