Windows 7 Windows 7

Sandeep

Hi all

ive been trying to format my toshiba laptop satellite pro a210 but wont let me format the C drive normal or in safe mode. Its orignally windows xp but i had windows 7 put on it. I have the xp cd but my cd drive doesnt work and tried it numerous of times.

I also tried it with a usb downloaded xp from microsoft and rebooted it with a usb. It says missing operating system.

I really need to format it to any windows xp or 7 and make it perfect again.

Can anyone help me.

Please

thank you

downlad a formating tool like esaus home edition this is free. this is what i use and it normally deals with any issues like that

you should be able to format with the win7 install media and delete any partitions at the same time.once you get to the install screen you should see that choice.

I just used Esaus. I can not format the NTfS file.

---------- Post Merged at 10:59 PM ----------

Hi Aldan

can you send me the link for that please

thanks

Stolen from the M$ Website.......Google is my friend ;-)

To install Windows 7 using the Custom option and formatting the hard disk

To format your hard disk during Windows 7 installation, you'll need to start, or boot, your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.

[FONT=WOL_Reg]
  • Turn on your computer so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then shut down your computer.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Press any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.
  • On the Install Windows page, enter your language and other preferences, and then click Next.
    If the Install Windows page doesn't appear, and you're not asked to press any key, you might need to change some system settings. To learn how to do this, see Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.
  • On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.
  • On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.
  • On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, click Drive options (advanced).
  • Click the partition that you want to change, click the formatting option you want to perform, and then follow the instructions.
  • When you've finished formatting, click Next.
  • Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7, which include naming your computer and setting up an initial user account.
[/FONT]

Back