Windows Vista windows vista update not working

grandslam

hi, ive just reset my pc to factory settings (vista home premium 32 bit) all was going well until it downloaded windows update agent, now it just hangs on "searching for updates" and it hasnt updated for nearly 2 months, anybody got any ideas for this? thank you in advance.

first thing i would suggest is get rid of vista, has to be the worst thing microsoft ever released.

having said that, when your pc is booting keep pressing the F8 button, this should boot you into safemode (no drivers or programs start, plus graphics will be minimal)
when in safemode, find and roll back to the last update,

windows as far as I know dont support vista any more,

first thing i would suggest is get rid of vista, has to be the worst thing microsoft ever released.

having said that, when your pc is booting keep pressing the F8 button, this should boot you into safemode (no drivers or programs start, plus graphics will be minimal)
when in safemode, find and roll back to the last update,

windows as far as I know dont support vista any more,

ok, thank you for the reply i will give it a go.

if you've reinstalled vista with service pack 2 you need to google KB3145739

Last edited:
Upgrade to windows 10, Vista has no support from microsoft so updates will be a problem , remove the agent from the pc as sometimes can cause issues, please follow the link below for your free windows 10 upgrade, be patience as it will take hours to upgrade.

Back