Windows XP Windows XP serial port to USB driver

DAZ_MCK

HI anyone know where i can find a driver for a usb to serial port. i need it for a laptop thats being used to operate a router machine in our workshop. the router has the serial port and the laptop has the windows xp on it.

Do you have a cable for it ? I’d have thought either the cable has a driver or windows will pick it up automatically , you May need a usb to serial cable plus a null modem cable.

I remember decades ago flashing boxes with xp laptop and null modem cable DB9 and was straight forward.

People had issues with converters and wrong cables and all of them old laptops had serial ports.

Some laptops did not have serial ports but you could add it to laptop.

Attachments

• serial port.jpg
    serial port.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 6
HI anyone know where i can find a driver for a usb to serial port. i need it for a laptop thats being used to operate a router machine in our workshop. the router has the serial port and the laptop has the windows xp on it.
Hi

you could try searching the net with the id of the USB to Serial adapter.

look under device manager for the device that isnt installed and right click properties

look for the details tab and select the hardware id.

Copy it and google it

Do you have a cable for it ? I’d have thought either the cable has a driver or windows will pick it up automatically , you May need a usb to serial cable plus a null modem cable.
im hoping that might happen. ive ordered a cable online just waiting on it to arrive. the laptop might not boot up either as we are waiting on a power cable. ah the joys of working with old machines and a boss who wont update anything.

Hi

you could try searching the net with the id of the USB to Serial adapter.

look under device manager for the device that isnt installed and right click properties

look for the details tab and select the hardware id.

Copy it and google it
i will try this thanks.

Back