Winter car checks needed.

cactikid

VIP Member
Ok its nearly here again but are you ready?

Better get checking your car before its too late.

Serviced-nah only when something needs to be done=typical driver
Getting your oil and filter changed now will help your engine run better if not done this year.
Altenator belts and battery in good order as excess stress is coming for you.
Antifreeze and washer bottle topped up with additive to prevent freezing or neat if below -10.
Correct working of bulbs including the silver ones at limited strength and orange flasher bulbs.
Do you know what fog lights are for and how to use them correctly?
The simple tyre has it got much thread left on it and if not replace it as bald tyres wont stop your car.
Tyre pressures including the flat one in the boot and recheck jack wheelbrace and lock nut tool is to hand if fitted.
Wiper blades are best to be replaced as they will be in great demand to see where your going.
Overlooked item does you car have a dirty pollen filter reducing heater blower output.
Clean windows inside and out weekly as they get dirty quickly + mirrors to see behind clearer.
Best to have phone charged and in credit and have breakdown number in phone just in case.

When snow is forecast or ice covering windscreen helps to reduce it .
Fold up snow shovel just in case+12 volt pump for inflating a soft/puntured tyre.

.Ps if driving a merc or bmw leave at the bottom of the hill as we know ya cant drive in the snow.

We don't have winters any longer
My fuchsia flowered all year long last year.
Christmas day and my toadflax were in full bloom.
I wouldn't advise putting your spikey ba$@rd$ outside but it won't be long before all tropical plants growing all year long

Time is 08.21am flew my drone earlier,watching the sunrise, I can say it's cold...I think winter has arrived a little early.

If theres snow on the roads best thing to do is leave your prized posession parked up safe in the knowledge your not going to get shunted up the rear end by someone who thinks he colin mcrae and laugh at everyone else saying goodbye to their no claims discount.
But yeah if you must use your car a few basics checks can make all the difference to reaching the destination in one piece thats for sure.
But if theres ice on the roads that a total different ball game im afraid and ive been driving since 1988 and had a few close calls when i went to visit family up the peak district where gritters are only something they dream about up there lol.

Crap forgot to mention carry some grit in case your a whizz in wheel spin and not going anywhere.
De icer that does not freeze when on screen.
De icing salt is handy for driveway to be kept clear to get to car or if not used in the summer it kills weeds.

We had two mild frosts last winter.
One in December and another in February.
Tin of de-icer 90% full from this time last year

Poor customer saw his oil light on dash come on ,not sure if it was a level or pressure sensor.Mate say hop into filling station and grab some oil.

5ltrs later car is not going well very smokey exhaust and engine light on dash [ i will wonder why ] ?

Car up on ramp paper oil filter removed and lovely sparkles of metal around filter.

Sump bung removed and oil is draining into a 24kg bucket and overflowing lol

One reason a bit of metal called a dipstick is a useful tool when fitted into car=electronic measuring piece of crap.

Another 08 bmw 316 will be off the road with a fecked engine possibly big ends and last year reported to him was noisy timing chain..

So not knowing the basics of the car your only going downhill.

Bloody hell lol i always keep telling daughter to constantly check fluid levels etc and she seems to be finally listening thank god but a few mins checking the basics can save an whole host of major problems and a massive hit to the bank account thats for sure.
I bet probably 7/10 new drivers on the road dont even bother with the checks and think once a car has been serviced thats its ok for another year ffs lol :ROFLMAO:

Yeah i blame the car makers for not adapting the filler nozzles so the misfueling scenario is a thing of the past lol :ROFLMAO:

Sleet and snow forecast for today i hope your car is winter ready as winter weather is here.
For the non listeners have phone charged and in credit and number of breakdown service.

You must be the lucky ones because all we have had is bloody rain and so many roads closed to flooding ive lost count ffs lol.

Yeah mobile phone charged so they can go on facebook or twitter lol.

And number of breakdown service in my household is my number lol dad can you have a look at my car its making a strange noise lol.

You must be the lucky ones because all we have had is bloody rain and so many roads closed to flooding ive lost count ffs lol.

Yeah mobile phone charged so they can go on facebook or twitter lol.

And number of breakdown service in my household is my number lol dad can you have a look at my car its making a strange noise lol.

Im guessing your a up north. no floods around here but plenty of rain and leaking roofs.

Mobile phone is charged but i always keep a non smart phone in the car just in case the good old smart phone decides to kill all the battery.

Also got a spade and blanket incase the snow decides to come.

Im guessing your a up north. no floods around here but plenty of rain and leaking roofs.

Mobile phone is charged but i always keep a non smart phone in the car just in case the good old smart phone decides to kill all the battery.

Also got a spade and blanket incase the snow decides to come.
No mate im in nottinghamshire east midlands and just seen forecast for tomorow and more heavy torrential rain and river trent burst its banks in several places yet again and closing nearby roads day by day now.

Nothing worth talking about
Yeah had to drive to newark yesterday and kelham bridge near north muskham turnoff was closed by police yet again but you always get one who thinks he can drive through it and dont realise how deep the flood water was and it was a royal mail driver stuck ffs with probably a van full of mail and parcels someone is gonna have to wait a few extra days for lol :ROFLMAO:

Back