Wireless Network Routers Advice Needed

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi

I've had my wireless network for a while now, its a belkin N1 router. Is there any out there which is more powerful than the one i have? i think it may need an upgrade. Laptop and PC have had some problems. Maybe its not the router

but anyway i want to know if there is a router out there which goes beyond N1, i've not really kept up with networking hardware so any advice and info would much be appreciated

step forward Gman :p

oh by the way routers for cable modem not ADSL :)

Laptop and PC have had some problems. Maybe its not the router

What sort of problems Javed? this may be the easier way to go, if your router has suddenly come across problems, but works intermittently, or most of the time, it could be a toss of the coin as to whether it is the router or the computers.

change of SSID and password done the job LOL

weird computers and hardware lol, im wondering if there are any other routers after the N1?

j4 that page not coming up How long you had the N1?
ive got the N+ ( around 2 yrs old )
Product Description
Belkin N+ Wireless Router - wireless router - 802.11b/g/n (draft 2.0) - desktop

Device Type
Wireless router - 4-port switch (integrated)

Enclosure Type
Desktop

Data Link Protocol
Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0)

Features
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)

Compliant Standards
IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0)

Microsoft Certification
Compatible with Windows 7

Manufacturer Warranty
Limited lifetime warranty

Last edited:
We live in a very complex tech world, and how good the advice you recieve will only be as good as how you ask for it. :)

Just for futur reference, it'll be best to detail the problem out first, and then have someone reply too it. :)

I dont have the Belkin N1, but reading some reviews shows that its a top notch router, and if i were you i wouldnt upgrade. :)

You say change of SSID and password fixed the problem? Did you change the wireless channel by any chance when you did that?

Last but not least, what problems did you encounter? [Although your problem may be fixed, my mind is still nagging me to ask you. :)]

the problem was connection was being lost on the laptop connected to the router and the PC downstairs, i just changed the SSID and password, i didnt mess around with the channels, that is set to AUTO

Linny i was not aware that i posted a link, i just typed it, i think it got parsed or something like that in to a link

seems fine, i know the router i have is the best, but i was wondering if there is any after N1, looks like there isnt.

Oh and i updated the firmware on it, so looks like its all good now.

Back