Wooshbuild Problems

Hi
I installed Wooshbild infinity on IPTV v 6.2 about an year ago. It has been working good till about one month ago. It now show 'like it is booting or running some program' it show blue wheel on the top of the scree that continues for hours. One cant work on Zygmma H2H box. I have. I turned on and off so many times but no change. Any advise. n

Try update to open a.t.v 6.4 You can flash on the fly press blue button on your reciever flash
on line then flash on the fly Make sure you have a back up off your iptv.

Hi
I installed Wooshbild infinity on IPTV v 6.2 about an year ago. It has been working good till about one month ago. It now show 'like it is booting or running some program' it show blue wheel on the top of the scree that continues for hours. One cant work on Zygmma H2H box. I have. I turned on and off so many times but no change. Any advise. n
Also check usb drive space it may be full, or they can mess up and need remounted or initialised again.

Hi
You mentioned using iptv in epg importer you havnt got every source ticked have you?
As that can take forever so could be running in background if you've set it to import after boot up.
Or it could be as others have mentiined

If something is running or trying to update in the background this is fairly common.
Openwebif on the laptop/pc and click terminal
Type root
Click enter
Type opkg update
Click enter again
Reboot the box

I probably has v6.3.
I thought it is due to wooshbuild infinity but couldn't update wooshbuild by online update flash route.
Any other technique to update wooshbuild infinity

That flashes your reciever with the latest
Open atv 6.4
Before flashing your reciever take note of
Your I.p address menu/ network / imformation
I.p address Then add the I.p address at the top of your web browser This opens webif
Interface On the left hand side you will.see
Terminal click on it Then type root beside the
Make of your reciever press the enter key
On your computer laptop Then enter
opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk
You should see the wooshbuild image in the
Background After your reciever reboots
Then just follow the setup guide
Remember to skip initialsation until the end
Or your reciever will crash

You could just use OpenATV if you are just running IPTV no need for Whoosbuild, as stated just make note of your settings and which plugins you need to install. There is a how to guide around, just cant remember where.

You could just use OpenATV if you are just running IPTV no need for Whoosbuild, as stated just make note of your settings and which plugins you need to install. There is a how to guide around, just cant remember where.
He just needs to change skin to MetrixHD then he can flash on the fly this will keep his current settings and plugins. But he will still need to install wooshbuild if needed but that only takes a moment just basicly selecting skin because all other settings are already present.

Over the years I have tried the two popular builds: GrogBuild FreeRange and WooshBuild Infinity (mainly WB). From February to June 2020 I tried OpenATV 6.4 Image & MetrixHD Skin with NO Build. That involved xml and IPK files, and using FileZilla, Notepad+++, OpenWebif etc. But by June 2020 I was back again with WooshBuild, simply because it includes my preferred plugins and automatically updates them.

For your information here are the 5 main steps I took to flash my box with NO build:
1. Flash with latest OpenATV Stable
2. Set up for Satellite & Terrestrial
3. Remove unwanted Plugins (these may automatically re-install with OpenATV updates)
4. Download required Plugins, for example:
  • AutoBouquetsMaker
  • CachePlus
  • E2iPlayer
  • E2m3ubouquets
  • EPG-Import
  • OsCam-emu
  • Picons-snp-full 220x132
  • ServiceApp
  • VFD Control
5. Install required IPK Files, for example: Skins.

PLUGIN BROWSER List:
  • E2iPlayer
  • File Commander
  • IMDB Setup
  • IPTV Bouquet Maker
  • Media Player
  • Media Scanner
  • MyMetrixLite
  • OpenWebIf
  • Picture Player
PORTAL EXTENSIONS List:
  • CachePlus
  • E2iPlayer
  • EPG-Importer
  • Info Panel
  • Software Management

Last edited:
Over the years I have tried the two popular builds: GrogBuild FreeRange and WooshBuild Infinity. From February to June 2020 I tried OpenATV 6.4 Image & MetrixHD Skin with NO Build. That involved xml and IPK files, and using FileZilla, Notepad+++, OpenWebif etc. But by July 2020 I was back again with WooshBuild, simply because it includes my preferred plugins and automatically updates them.

For your information here are the 5 main steps I took to flash my box with NO build:
1. Flash with latest OpenATV Stable
2. Set up for Satellite & Terrestrial
3. Remove unwanted Plugins (these may automatically re-install with OpenATV updates)
4. Download required Plugins, for example:
  • AutoBouquetsMaker
  • CachePlus
  • E2iPlayer
  • E2m3ubouquets
  • EPG-Import
  • OsCam-emu
  • Picons-snp-full 220x132
  • ServiceApp
  • VFD Control
5. Install required IPK Files, for example: Skins.

PLUGIN BROWSER List:
  • E2iPlayer
  • File Commander
  • IMDB Setup
  • IPTV Bouquet Maker
  • Media Player
  • Media Scanner
  • MyMetrixLite
  • OpenWebIf
  • Picture Player
PORTAL EXTENSIONS List:
  • CachePlus
  • E2iPlayer
  • EPG-Importer
  • Info Panel
  • Software Management
Thanks a lot. That is so informative.
However a day ago I reinstalled openatv v6.3. No wooshbuild installed as I wanted to check without. The only additional thing I installed are IPTV service from my provider...and YouTube plugin.
My problem persists as it stucks with blue wheel rotating on the top corner and I can't do anything....
I wonder where is the problem 1. My box which is zgemma h2h. 2. YouTube plugin 3. IPTV service 4. Openatv v 6.3.
Please advice

Thanks a lot. That is so informative.
However a day ago I reinstalled openatv v6.3. No wooshbuild installed as I wanted to check without. The only additional thing I installed are IPTV service from my provider...and YouTube plugin.
My problem persists as it stucks with blue wheel rotating on the top corner and I can't do anything....
I wonder where is the problem 1. My box which is zgemma h2h. 2. YouTube plugin 3. IPTV service 4. Openatv v 6.3.
Please advice
Sorry I am unable to fully diagnose your spinner issue, but I would suggest the following:
  • Try updating to OpenATV 6.4 latest version.
  • Try removing youtube plugin (YouTube is also in E2iPlayer).
  • Keep initialised USB (formatted Fat32) in rear USB slot.
  • In MENU, Setup, EPG, EPG-Importer, Settings, change 'Start import after booting up' to NEVER, press GREEN to Save.
  • In MENU, Setup, Recording & Timeshift, Timeshift Settings, change 'Automatically start timeshift after' to DISABLED, press GREEN to Save.

Last edited:
As panorama93 said make sure usb is initialised and mounted , epg e.t.c are pointing to correct path I had problem before spinning circle even after reflashing openatv think system was trying to update epg but for some reason usb thumbdrive had got corrupted reformated then initialised again and all was ok.

As panorama93 said make sure usb is initialised and mounted , epg e.t.c are pointing to correct path I had problem before spinning circle even after reflashing openatv think system was trying to update epg but for some reason usb thumbdrive had got corrupted reformated then initialised again and all was ok.
Yes I had same problem recently with failing USB drive, be wary of USB drives as they get hammmered by constant timeshift recording (if enabled). I'm now using an 'SSD' external USB drive.

Back