WooshBuild Question & Answers thread - (Take 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I'm trying to set up a ZGEMMA box in France using wooshbuild but as soon as I get to select country I get a software error as presumably I am not in the UK. Is there any way around this?

Thanks...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This thread will be locked from 8th January. You have been advised to upgrade to WooshBuild v5.x numerous times and we cannot stress how important this is to avoid issues with OpenATV on your box and the chance it may not boot.

Please upgrade to v5.x as soon as possible so we can continue to support WooshBuild on your box.

Easy upgrade to v5 and it does it all for you!! but blue button > harddisk > initialisation Then create swap file red button > plugins > swap Manager > green create > ok > 256 > red activate > yellow autostart > reboot the box

Hi i need CCcam Info Plugins for this image how to download i can't find anyware in dowload section and also CCcam Info Plugins is capable for is image and also when i use dcc its use once than dcc stop working is this anything in this image to config that dcc work
Thanks for any help
regards

CCcam 2.3.0 and mgcamd 1.38r1/2

There is no need for any third party dcc software or FTP. The whole thing works from copying a folder to a USB and flashing the box.

Also, don't use WooshBuild v4 - You have been warned.

Hi, i've just installed v5 with no problems during setup.

Now that setup is complete i notice there are mising entries in the main EPG screen.

If i watch a channel then the blank entry gets filled in but obviously noone wants to watch every channel to see what's now playing.

I tried the CrossEPG download now solution and that hasn't worked, i checked that Sky UK is ticked in the EPG settings.

Any ideas what else could be causing this ?

Cheers, Gary.

Gary, have you checked that the epg is set to save to the USB or hdd or SD card and not internal flash memory? Also try restarting the box.

Wooshbuild 4.x been removed from the flash online section?? Only shows v5 now...

Wooshbuild V4 is no longer supported and will brick your box if any openatv updates are run and then you'll have to reflash with a usb stick.

Follow the instructions to update to wooshbuild v5 to save yourself this problem. It's automated and backs up your current settings but as always, it's best having a backup of your line before proceeding.

This thread is also due to be locked so best getting yourself over to the V5 thread as soon as possible. If you've any problems or need any support just ask.

OK thanks for the reply.. I had few problems with v5 on first release so I went back to v4 and stuck with it. have all my family on 4 as well. Never done an update as everything works sweet. Maby it's time to give v5 a second chance then.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

V4 was good but v5 is a big step forward. You can upgrade through WB Config so you don't need to mess about with downloads or USB sticks. It backs up automatically. I've had a few old people with no technical know how do the update with just basic instructions. Just press green to confirm a couple of times and then restore the backup of your settings when it's finished

Remember to manually backup your settings if upgrading from v4 to v5 though.

Once v5 is running, as asmad said, you can retore your settings using the WB Config plugin - this is then main plugin for various bits and pieces.

This thead will be locked Sunday 8th Jan

Please upgrade to WooshBuild v5 for continued support.

v4 was made using an openATV version which IF software updates are run will cause your box NOT TO BOOT
(This wasn't known by any image maker at the time)

Please upgrade to WooshBuild v5 using the instructions in the v5 thread.

Thank you

Couldn't find my USB for flashing.. so hit blue button and flashed online.. will this completely v4 or would it be better to flash from USB??

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Follow the instructions in this thread.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/109524-wooshbuild-v5-zgemma-h2s.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure you don't run any of update the openatv updates as this will brick the box.

Here is the relavent part from the above post.

Existing WooshBuild User instructions: 1. Backup your settings: Blue button -> Backup Settings
2. Flash WooshBuild 5.xx: Blue button -> Flash online / local -> Green button -> Highlight WooshBuild v5 -> Green button. Once downloaded, press the OK button, then select Flash WooshBuild
3. Let WooshBuild do the rest and finally, use WB Config to restore your settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back