WooshBuild v5 - VU+ SOLO4K, SOLO2, DUO2 & VU+ ZERO

wooshman

VIP Member
WooshBuild v5
'Leading the way so others can follow'

Vu+ Solo2, Vu+ Solo4k, Duo2 and Vu+ Zero

sat3-jpg.21893

Install instructions: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/109524-wooshbuild-v5-zgemma-h2s.html#post615962

The install instructions may be slightly different, but simply put, you extract the downloaded vuplus folder onto a USB stick and put it in the front of the Solo2 / Solo4k / Duo2 (Zero goes in the back) and turn the box on.

The Solo2 / Solo4k / Duo2will tell you to press the button on the front of the box and will flash BaseBuild. The zero will just start to flash.

Then follow the on screen instructions. If you have a hard drive fitting in your box, when told to remove the Flashing USB stick, do so and wait 10 seconds before moving on to the next step.

I forgot to add the USB Cam importer to the Solo2 image, please install this from the plugins -> Wooshbuild section. (Green -> Green -> WooshBuild -> usbcamimporter -> OK -> OK.

WooshBuild v5 support thread
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/109525-wooshbuild-v5-support-thread.html

We are pleased to finally announce the release of WooshBuild v5 for the Vu+ Duo2 It is identical in every way to the other boxes WooshBuild runs on and will be identical to every new box we release it on in the future

As all images are the same, WooshBuild uses one thread for all boxes, for both install and support.

Sorry - I must be being stupid - BUT which image do I download for the VU+ Duo2?
Thanks
Also - I have recently swapped from a c-line to an n-line - I knew which file I needed to save before a re-flash - can someone tell me what I need to do for a smooth transition to the new Woosh Build please? Thanks again!

Sorry - I must be being stupid - BUT which image do I download for the VU+ Duo2?
Thanks
Also - I have recently swapped from a c-line to an n-line - I knew which file I needed to save before a re-flash - can someone tell me what I need to do for a smooth transition to the new Woosh Build please? Thanks again!

If your running CCcam still save the CCcam.cfg from var etc most image or usr/keys

WooshBuild v6 is available for the Vu+ Duo2

Whats new?
Mainly OpenATV 6.0
USB Cam importer has been completely re-written to give more options and flexibility.
New bootscreens.
Got bored and made re-flashing WooshBuild more entertaining.
Pre WB Config v2 bits put in place.
SkyWB skin has a couple of tweaks

Prerequisites
WooshBuild does not have the Slyk HD skin pre-installed nor is it available in the plugins. You will need to install, configure and update it manually. If you backup your settings using the Slyk skin and then restore them in WB 6 you will end up with the OpenATV default skin. We it recommended that you switch your skin to SkyWB before you backup your settings and update.

You should always have a copy of your line safe and away from your box. Upgrading will not delete recordings.
If you are running IPTV ensure you have details on how to add it again - we are not responsible for lost lines or IPTV.

1. From full screen TV, press the green button to open the plugins screen and select WB Config
2. As you look down the list of options you will see at he very bottom the option to update to WB v6
3. Highlight "Upgrade to WooshBuild v6.xxx" and press the OK button.
4. Follow the onscreen prompts.
5. Once the latest version of WooshBuild has downloaded and flashed, return to WB Config and restore your settings (which you may have created before flashing)
If you don't have the option to upgrade WooshBuild, selecting re-flash WooshBuild will work too.

It is that simple and takes 5 minutes.

Hi Wooshman - any ideas on the 4 tuner issue? Vix allowed me to choose the 4 tuners i have installed on the VU+ Duo2.

Thanks for your help..

Hi im trying to install the base build on my open vix vu dduo 2, but the box dont seem to see the files at all. Tried both usb and fttp into temp folder.
Any pointers as to whats wrong. ?

Hi
were do i find the latest wooshbuild basebuild
i believe it is basebuild v7 that is the latest release for the vu+duo2?
or is there a more stable build that i should use?

Stuck with my Vu Solo duo2 after flash. I was using Openvix on the box and wanted a change , its a legit box I have had a long time. I followed the Tut on installing Wooshbuild form webif.
Box did what was needed no errors came up on the webif terminal the box rebooted now the box is stuck on the box showing the Wooshbuild Infinity splash screen and rotating blue circle after about 20 second a quick flash on the screen and the splash still doing the rotating then aprox 40 seconds into that what I can only describe as a blue screen of death and the box will reboot and do the same thing again but the second time it stays on the screen of death.
I still can putty to the box and ftp to the box What can I do to get out of this issue .
Many thanks for reading and hopefully I can recover my box

Wooshbuild is way out of date.
Either load at 7.3 and install the plugins you want or if it's a build you want try wilobuild on vix

Stuck with my Vu Solo duo2 after flash. I was using Openvix on the box and wanted a change , its a legit box I have had a long time. I followed the Tut on installing Wooshbuild form webif.
Box did what was needed no errors came up on the webif terminal the box rebooted now the box is stuck on the box showing the Wooshbuild Infinity splash screen and rotating blue circle after about 20 second a quick flash on the screen and the splash still doing the rotating then aprox 40 seconds into that what I can only describe as a blue screen of death and the box will reboot and do the same thing again but the second time it stays on the screen of death.
I still can putty to the box and ftp to the box What can I do to get out of this issue .
Many thanks for reading and hopefully I can recover my box
You can not load woooshbuild on anything above openATV 6.4 .

No longer supported.

Back