Wooshbuild Vu+ Duo (not Duo2) stuck on installing plugins

Hi all, Just today signed up to put Wooshbuild on my Vu+ Duo (not Duo2) after speaking with someone about how good Wooshbuild is.

I followed all the instructions to the T but its stuck on installing plugins.

'Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer.'

This is one of the items that seems to be the concern.

Has anyone had similar problems or know a solution?
Ive attached a picture of where it is stuck

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Nic

Attachments

• 20181215_100705.jpg
    20181215_100705.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Hi all, Just today signed up to put Wooshbuild on my Vu+ Duo (not Duo2) after speaking with someone about how good Wooshbuild is.

I followed all the instructions to the T but its stuck on installing plugins.

'Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer.'

This is one of the items that seems to be the concern.

Has anyone had similar problems or know a solution?
Ive attached a picture of where it is stuck

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Nic

did you flash openatv 6.2 to the box before adding wooshbuild infinity?

I used to have a vu duo with internal hdd + usb for epg cacheflush+ swapfile as that box is now slow.I would also say dont use settings restore as maybe not compatible.

Try it again but leave the USB in as it may need the space to store temp files
Tried both ways. Just flashes up warning and then gives me the blue screen of death!

Bit frustrated seeing as ive hardly used the duo box. Had it tucked away in a cupboard for a couple of years mind. Still good nick but hey ho.

I used to have a vu duo with internal hdd + usb for epg cacheflush+ swapfile as that box is now slow.I would also say dont use settings restore as maybe not compatible.
Hi mate. Is there a way to upgrade (i.e RAM) or is it a case of bin it and buy new? I didn't use old settings, just installed like it was new.

there's nothing wrong with the box, I flashed one of those for someone a few days ago by using ultraviewer on my and his laptop

Works perfectly well

Hi mate. Is there a way to upgrade (i.e RAM) or is it a case of bin it and buy new? I didn't use old settings, just installed like it was new.
Setup a usb stick for cacheflush ,swapfile and epg will lessen the stress,newer boxes have way more grunt and run faster,keep it simple and dont overdo the plugins.

nope, flashed openatv6.2 added infinity
following day the chap reflashed it and added freerange as he wanted a different look / skin / setup

there's nothing wrong with the box, I flashed one of those for someone a few days ago by using ultraviewer on my and his laptop

Works perfectly well
In which case i'm lost at what else to try
Setup a usb stick for cacheflush ,swapfile and epg will lessen the stress,newer boxes have way more grunt and run faster,keep it simple and dont overdo the plugins.
Is there destruction on how to do this? Where to DL from etc.?

In which case i'm lost at what else to try

Is there destruction on how to do this? Where to DL from etc.?
If you want to kill the box 8lb sledge will destruct it.
For fixing it " Why the need for a swapfile?
A swapfile provides a temporary storage area commonly called a cache. This can be seen as a form of extended memory where the system can process 'live' data. This feature can be useful for low memory boxes such as, the Vu+ Solo or Duo.

So if one has lots of processes or plugins installed the system may be overloaded at times & having a swapfile can help.

Direct Image Creation
Creating a swapfile on some images is just a simple case of finding the option to dos so via the menu system. For example on ViX it can be found via:

Menu - Setup - ViX - Swap Manager
Blue (Create) - Green (Activate) - Yellow (Autostart - recommended).

A full restart of the receiver is required for the Swapfile to become active.
I think cachefush is from the plugins feed.

Back