world championship 2019

Its scary how much the competition has come up since he won his first world title and how fast those at the top can fall from grace not Lewis so much but big names just drop out of the rankings into obscurity.

Yeah its not a nailed on certainty anymore whos going to win nowadays since the days of taylor in his prime and a lot of players coming through now when they see the money that can be made nowadays with it being so global :(y):

This world's a prime example of that, I have loved for darts for years but it did get a bit on the monotonous side when Taylor was running the show then MVG but the competition has caught him up a bit now. Wes Newton and Andy Hamilton were at my local BDO event a few months they were in the Premier League a few years back.

Went to ingoldmells a few years ago when taylor was there doing exhibition and local county player beat him Nigel staniland .
Was a cracking day out and had a right laugh

Evening Session (1900)
Toni Alcinas v Benito van de Pas (R3)
Fourth Round x2
Gary Anderson v Chris Dobey
Michael van Gerwen v Adrian Lewis

Friday December 28
Afternoon Session (1230)
Fourth Round x3
Nathan Aspinall v Devon Petersen
Alcinas/Van de Pas v Brendan Dolan
Ryan Joyce v James Wade

Evening Session (1900)
Fourth Round x3
Ryan Searle v M Smith/Henderson
Jamie Lewis v Dave Chisnall
Rob Cross v Luke Humphries

I see LUKE HUMPHRIES played well again, I fancy him to beat Rob Cross in his next match, I might have a few quid on him in that game.

Yeah hes not had a great season with injuries and personal stuff to deal with etc.
The talent is there and is great to watch him when he's in full flow but a lack of match time through the year will almost certainly be his nemesis this year

Luke Humphries 3/1 to beat Rob Cross later is worth a little flutter in my mind, I wouldn't back Cross at 1/4.

Yeah humphries playing well at min and cant believe chris dobey last nite he had anderson in his pocket for the taking but blew it bigtime :grimacing::grin:

I thought Dobey was going to take it, but that's Ando for you, you can never count him as beat. Chris has come on leaps and bounds this last 18 months will certainly up his confidence for 2019. If Cross or Smith fall somebody is going to be in for not only a big payday £££ but a huge boost up the rankings.

Aspinall is another young lad similar to Dobey both have been bubbling under for a few years, nice to see them both have a good go and it not be the same old at the business end. Looking forward to see if Dolan can carry on his tournament form so far just going about his business looking smashed :confused:

Back