Would an old Openbox V8 still work?

Hi, hope someone can help.

I was clearing out my house and found an old Openbox V8 gathering dust. My lad must have bought this back in 2014 or something, but he's off at Uni now.

I brushed it off and connected it to the TV to see if it works, and it does. However, I'm only getting a fee channels, probably about 15ish.

I was wondering, is it still possible to get this box working properly? I read a few topics on this forum and from what I read, I understand I need to get a line, install it and it should be good to go? Bearing in mind it's such as old box and hasn't been touched for about 4 or 5 years.

I will admit I am an oldie and not all that tech savvy, but it would be great to get something in the tele better than Freeview. I'm not fussed about 4K or UHD or whatever the in thing is these days.

Attachments

• 20200916_120336.jpg
    20200916_120336.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
Hi, hope someone can help.

I was clearing out my house and found an old Openbox V8 gathering dust. My lad must have bought this back in 2014 or something, but he's off at Uni now.

I brushed it off and connected it to the TV to see if it works, and it does. However, I'm only getting a fee channels, probably about 15ish.

I was wondering, is it still possible to get this box working properly? I read a few topics on this forum and from what I read, I understand I need to get a line, install it and it should be good to go? Bearing in mind it's such as old box and hasn't been touched for about 4 or 5 years.

I will admit I am an oldie and not all that tech savvy, but it would be great to get something in the tele better than Freeview. I'm not fussed about 4K or UHD or whatever the in thing is these days.
Like you I am also an oldie, and had an OpenBox V8S box back in the day. You may need to upgrade the firmware to get the box fully working again. To receive all the FreeSat & FreeToAir channels from Astra2 28.2E Satellite just connect your Satellite Cable into the box and then do a complete Channel Scan. Search 'OpenBox V8S' in YouTube for many helpful videos, and click on these links for more info:
OPENBOX V8S Tools & Downloads, Firmaware and Channel List
http://eopenbox.co.uk/OpenBox Prog/V8-V8S User Manual.pdf

Last edited:
Great reciever When they first appeared on the
Market unfortunately they have no oscam
Protcol Which is required to clear most off
The encrypted channels without freezing
Still great box for moving satellite motors
Even ones with high surge currents Might
Be better purchasing E2 reciever gives you
More options

Back