x96 air and optical cable

rapidwrinkly

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Hi I have just got a x96 air to see what all the fuss is about with these boxes.
So far it is very similar to a fire stick but not as easy to use, one of the advantages though should be being able to connect to my sound base (similar to a sound bar but the tv sits on top of it).
I have plugged the optical cable into x96 box and sound base, changed audio settings on box to SPIDF.
Is there another setting that I have to change as no sound comes out of the base?
My tv is an old sony so does not have a connection for optical cables.
Thank you

I don't believe it!
I have been at this on and off for a couple of day as soon as I posted this I had a brain wave.
fixed it by using I think they called phono cables instead of optical.

Hopefully you pulled off your rubber protection first on the new spdif cables
Optical is better than phono but depends if your spdif is out or in

No mate I always use some sort of protection.
I just couldn't get the settings right. Still it's working now and I'm like a dog with two tails. :ROFLMAO:

Had to check tv to box via hdmi?
I would not be changing settings on box for spdif as i dont think its needed.
What is the base you have and what are the ports.

its a Panasonic SE-HTE80 the advantage I have now is my Formuler F1 also works cos the tv speakers are so small and tiny.

@rapidwrickly

You happy with x96 air?
i think they are really smooth.

Btw where did you buy it from? as I sell same boxes :)

its a Panasonic SE-HTE80 the advantage I have now is my Formuler F1 also works cos the tv speakers are so small and tiny.
Hope the phono plugs work for you! When I used them to connect to amp sound was good but ended up with lip sync problems so ended up using adaptor phono to coaxial! All good now when got new TV!

Hi mate got off Amazon it's a 64gig £50 all but 5p including delivery which took 4days.
To be perfectly honest I don't see much difference to a 4k firestick except you have more storage without paying for addons and as mentioned hooking up to sound bars.
Early days yet I haven't played with it that much.

Hope the phono plugs work for you! When I used them to connect to amp sound was good but ended up with lip sync problems so ended up using adaptor phono to coaxial! All good now when got new TV!
Ahh that might happen I haven't checked that yet that happens on firestick when connecting with Bluetooth. I will get her on the chase and have a look (wish my luck)

I thank you mate I will bear it in mind, i'll give it a try as it is for now and see how it goes.
I know I should get a new tv it's not like I can't afford it or anything for gods sake but just can't justify it! Being slightly colour blind I don't think I would get a lot of benefit from an all dancing all singing new one.

Back