Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xbox Controller Still Has A Future, Says Don Mattrick

homesick

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
>> From edge-online.com:
Don Mattrick, senior VP of Microsoft's interactive entertainment business, says that the company has no intention of ditching traditional controller-based games following the unveiling of its motion sensing Project Natal.

"I think we've got the best thumb-based controller ever created," Mattrick told Edge. "We're not going to take anything away. There will be controller-based games. What we're really doing is adding to our platform; when I think about Natal, I think of it like a Guitar Hero controller--it fits the experience better. There will still be games that use the controller, games that use only Natal, and games that use a combination.

"Think, you could be playing a game with a controller and have your character react when you instinctively duck out of the way of an explosion, or the ability to throw a grenade with a gesture. I don't think of Natal as taking anything away, I see it as adding more. As a creator, I love the potential to do more; I think it's going to net out a renaissance of new ideas. We haven't figured it all out, but I see it as additive."

Full Story: edge-online.com