Xciptv favourites navigation

Hi all

I am new to using Xciptv on a firestick and very pleased with its simplicity.

It has features, which I know are common to various IPTV apps, such as:
- when the firestick boots up/reboots I can set the Xciptv app to load up automatically, thereby by-passing having to manually load it
- when Xciptv opens up (e.g. on boot up of firestick) it auto-loads to most recently watched channel (e.g. let's call this Channel 1)
- favourites channels list which is simple to add channels to
- simply pressing up and down on the firestick remote allows to change channels up and down the favourites list (or the channel category currently being watched) without needing to go back out into a menu/epg/channels list which I find very over-complicated

My plan would be to load the 10 channels I will watch frequently into the favourites list and then easily jump between them (e.g. channel 1, channel 2) without ever needing to go back out to the other menus (aside from when I might want something not listed in the favourites).

This, above, works fine. However, I notice one flaw, which is that when I finish watching television and let's say I am watching Channel 1 (selected from my favourites list, specifically), then I turn off everything (or reboot the firestick even).... When I come back and load up the firestick:
- the Xciptv app loads up fine
- the previously watched channel (Channel 1) loads up fine
- however.... when I now press up or down to go up or down the channels, I am no longer in my favourites list. Instead, I am in the actual category the channel originates from. So, rather than pressing down bringing me from favourites Channel 1 to favourites Channel 2, it actually brings me from Channel 1 to whatever the next channel is in that specific channel's category (rather than the favourites list).

This may seem a nonsense question to many of you so apologies for that. But, I am trying to set up the tv for an elderly relative and want it to be as simple to use as possible. If the above issue did not occur, I think I would be on to a winner, but with the above issue it brings me kind of back to the drawing board because as soon as the person needs to go through menus they will just stop watching tv.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

I know for most of us who are used to GUIs whether they be simple/complicated, this is a non-issue, but for someone who is less than useless with technology (they struggle to use a 1990s nokia phone), the navigation of menus proves to be an insurmountable stumbling block.

Thanks for any help you might provide

not so much of a technical solution, but what i did for an elderly relative of mine was make a really simple manual with screenshots and step by step instructions on how to get from the opening screen to the favorites, don't know if that helps at all

not so much of a technical solution, but what i did for an elderly relative of mine was make a really simple manual with screenshots and step by step instructions on how to get from the opening screen to the favorites, don't know if that helps at all
This is a good plan B that is for sure, thank you

This is exactly the issue that I have. This app would be a massive winner if the app reboot would return to the previously used channel in the previously used list. @nandonando is spot on
Anyone know if this is a enhancement request we can send to these developers?

Back