XCplugin and xml file - How to set up a Bouquet

neilc78

Hi all

So with the demise of card sharing i decided to have a go with IPTV on my OS Mega box. Got a good supplier and the whole thing runs great. However I miss the ability to record. I read somewhere that you could use E Channelizer to set up a Bouquet that would allow recording and a proper EPG.

My problem is my vendor gave me 2 files XCplugin and .xml file. I cannot seem to locate a tutorial how to proceed with these on E Channelizer.

Anyone know is it a) Possible to do what I am trying to do b) How to extract the information I need for E Channelizer from the two files I've been given and c) Even better, if anyone knows where i might find a tutorial that covers this.

Thanks a mil.

Instructions:

If you do not already have an FTP app, FileZilla is a good choice

1) Open the zip file, you will see that there is 1 folder + 1 file xc_e2_plugin.xml

2) Extract the folder XCplugin from the zip and ftp to your Enigma box into the directory: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

3) Extract the file xc_e2_plugin.xml to your hard drive. Right click on the file and open with notepad. Where you see xxxxxxxx replace with your username then under that replace the xxxxxxx with your password. Save the updated file to your hard drive.

4) Upload with ftp the modified version of xc_e2_plugin.xml file to /etc/enigma2/ on your Enigma 2 box

5) Finally restart your Enigma 2 box. Use the Menu button and you will see a new option XC plugin.

Taken these instructions from my supplier. Use what you need.

Good luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Echannelizer is tricky start with the above and work from there. I will get echannelizer install options for you in a bit.. the installation is completely different and more in-depth.

Hold please :-)

open e channeliszer and read iptv bouqet

MAybe I am a bit thick, it is possible, but I dont have an IPTV Bouquet. When I want to watch IPTV I have to go into XCplugin APP and select from there. When I import all Bouquets from my box using E Channelizer I dont see anything there that has the same name as the options I see in XCplugin. I suppose I am not sure how I do what you ask.

Just read back your post.. xcplugin will sort its own epg but you (as far as i know) won't be able to record. You can install the m3u on your box to generate a channel list in your epg. Search the forum for m3u bouquet converter plugin and echannelizer there guides will show you the way.. i can't give you my suppliers instructions as they are specific to them with links etc and no way i can or will post that sorry

Good luck

Echannelizer is tricky start with the above and work from there. I will get echannelizer install options for you in a bit.. the installation is completely different and more in-depth.

Hold please :)

Hi Mate - thanks. I have that done above. I can watch the channels through XCplugin app but how to proceed with E channelizer is the tricky bit as you say.

Hi Mate - thanks. I have that done above. I can watch the channels through XCplugin app but how to proceed with E channelizer is the tricky bit as you say.
The installation is completely different. You have to use a Windows app called putty to install your sub with a line of code.. then you have to use echannelizer and link that with your box and down load the epg. )IPTV or favorites would have been generated by the m3u install.) You then drag and drop each channel from sat list on top of its IPTV version creating a link which then shows details in epg. I did it for first time yesterday took a lot of reading and playing around to work it out then over an hour linking each of the channels only for me to forget something and have it all deleted this morning when epg updated. But hay ho.. personally I'm opting for xc on box or perfect player on firetv box. Seems more stable and WAY less hassle and it updates automatically. Yes I can't record but never did any how so all good in my hood. If you fancy the challenge it's worth it but free up a day to do it properly and with less stress

Good luck

Don't bother EPG and bouquets are on the way for all providers (bar the greedy lazy lying cheetin cowboy chunts)

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

I am not using Echannelizer as I'm using a Mac, so I'm using iDreamX but I'm guessing (if your setup was like mine) that the issue you face is that Echannelizer is expecting an m3u file, which wasn't provided?

I'm by no means an expert here, having been using IPTV for all of one day, but I'm a bit of a geek so figured out a few things, including how to get your m3u file from the .xml file I was given. This then allowed me to follow the guides I've seen to import channels directly into my bouquets. I hope I'm not way off the mark here.....

WARNING: I took out a short term IPTV sub to test this, I don't know if doing the following will trigger a "multiple device" detection (as I'm downloading the m3u file from a separate machine) or if accessing the streams using this method/setup will have any long term affect, please perform at your own risk!

Firstly, open the .xml file you were sent for XCPlugin (mine was called xc_e2_plugin.xml). You will notice that it contains a <xtream_e2portal_url>. For example the xtreme url for mine was similar to the following (NOTE: I have changed the server url of my actual provider to a dummy one):

<xtream_e2portal_url><![CDATA[http://dummy.iptv.provider:25461/enigma2.php]]></xtream_e2portal_url>

The part you need from the line above is:

http://dummy.iptv.provider:25461/

Everything else can be ignored, just paste the above into another text document, so you can edit/copy/paste it later. You will also need YOUR USERNAME and YOUR PASSWORD from the <username> and <password> tags in the same .xml file.

Next thing is to define the url to fetch the m3u file from your provider, I did this by appending the url above with my username/password and a request for the m3u data, using get.php instead of enigma.php - I've read that this should work for most providers. Obviously, you need to insert your actual url/username/password from your .xml file here:

http://dummy.iptv.provider:25461/get.php?username=YOURUSERNAME&password=YOURPASSWORD&type=m3u

If you copy the url you now have (as above) and paste it into a browser window, it should automatically download a .m3u file for you. You should then be able to use this file to import channels into your bouquets using Echannelizer (I hope). You can also open the m3u file in a text editor and save separate sections. I copied the UK section from my provider into a new text file, naming it UK.m3u so I had a separate .m3u with just UK channels to import into iDreamX for speed. You can even delete sections not of interest to you directly in a text editor.

I'm not going to re-invent the wheel by telling you what to do with Echannelizer, but there is an excellent guide by H4MZ4 uploaded today: http://techkings.org/threads/enigma2-how-to-get-full-epg-for-iptv-channels.125152/

I am able to add channels now to a specific IPTV bouquet on my device and open streams without having to go to Plugins-> XC Plugin. NOTE: I did (or rather do) find that some channels froze after around 30 seconds, I had to go into XC Plugin itself, open a channel and press the blue button to make sure "Continue play" was set to ON, at least I think that's what did it but this is purely anecdotal, I can't seem to find any info on what "continue play" actually does...

Next thing for me is getting EPG data in, but for the moment, I'm happy to be able to select channels straight from the "guide" panel.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thanks for those great instructions. I was able to extract the m3u file as you described and create the bouquet. I followed the instructions in the other tutorial to import The epg but it didn't work so I figure I made a mistake along the way. I'll have a go again when I get some time. Thanks a lot for the help.

Thanks for those great instructions. I was able to extract the m3u file as you described and create the bouquet. I followed the instructions in the other tutorial to import The epg but it didn't work so I figure I made a mistake along the way. I'll have a go again when I get some time. Thanks a lot for the help.

I would recommend doing a small section to test before proceeding with the full EPG setup... As others have mentioned, it will be a long process to configure all channels.

I noticed after running EPG Importer, nothing showed up on my box, despite me getting a message that events had been imported in the EPG Importer panel. I had to restart my box, then they showed up.

to generate the epg,use epgimporter,im sure you can find a tutorial around here somewhere, if not let me know i'll try giving you a hand.

Back