Xpeed Recordings

adrianfo

Hi
Bit baffled here, I think my head's mashed.
I've mounted a 500 gb drive into the back USB port on which I saved a backup image of my setup for emergencies.
To get that folder/file onto my pc do I have to use DCC.
I've noticed that removing the drive and mounting to my pc is no good as it doesn't show up, apart from in disc manager where it can be reformatted to NTFS thus losing all saved files.
Is this how movies (for example) are transferred to PC to convert to a normal media file.
Cheers
Adrian

you could try using a dual boot system on your pc. Windows for most things and a Linux image for media playback. Linux will recognize the Ext4 formatted drive that enigma uses.

Chances are your 500GB drive has been formateded to EXT4 which is a Linux format, to get the recording off your drive then the best way is to FTP them from your drive to your PC using something like DCC or Flash FXP. Its not wise to romve the drive from your LX as it stores your EPG and other settings.

Also you may need to convert the recording to a different format like AVI or MP4 for best viewing on other devices

Hope this helps

You could always copy the recording to a memory stick. I've done this loads of times and plugged into another tv at a mates house

Back