XStreamity keymap.xml map to possible?

Geoff_T

I am trying to set up a hotkey to start XStreamity from within the EPG . I know how to edit the keymap.xml but haven't been able to find out what the "mapto" command would be to run Xstreamity (or any other plugin for that matter)?

I've asked this on another forum with no response so I thought I'd now ask the real experts (grovel grovel!) ;-)

Isn't that what I'm trying to do? Not sure of the exact terminology for what I'm trying to do.

To explain my logic a bit more, I use a universal remote for all of my AV gear so am limited to the amount of keys I have available. So I have already set up the REW and FF keys to be prev and next bouquet when in the EPG because I don't have the luxury of the extra back and forward buttons.

In the same way, I would like to use the Play button to launch Xstreamity when in the EPG only as I don't have a spare key I can permanently allocate to that function. Every key on my remote has to earn it's keep!

Isn't that what I'm trying to do? Not sure of the exact terminology for what I'm trying to do.

To explain my logic a bit more, I use a universal remote for all of my AV gear so am limited to the amount of keys I have available. So I have already set up the REW and FF keys to be prev and next bouquet when in the EPG because I don't have the luxury of the extra back and forward buttons.

In the same way, I would like to use the Play button to launch Xstreamity when in the EPG only as I don't have a spare key I can permanently allocate to that function. Every key on my remote has to earn it's keep!
You can actually use hotkey as Willo3029 said but you can set some to long press so same key can do two functions. but before you go experimenting make a backup.

OK, thanks for the hotkey suggestions, but for my own reasons, I would much prefer to do this via a keymap specifically for the epg screen.

It feels like this should be possible but I just can't find what the "map to" command would be.

Well, firstly I'd still have to have a key allocated just to open XStreamity (my wife will not remember what any long key presses do). So if its a main screen button it "wastes" it for anything else. Secondly I'm only using Xstreamity for downloading any catchup stuff we need, so having it accessible from within the epg seems logical. All my live stuff I have in IPTV bouquets.

If its not possible to do what I want, I will look at the above alternatives, but I'd really just like to know if it is, and if so what the map to command is.

Also if its from within the epg screen I can add a helper text string on that screen to say "press play for catch up" or similar. I'm trying to make a system as user friendly as possible.

You can launch it from the blue button extension menu anyway, or the main menu if you enable it in settings. What image are you using?

Accepting all of the above, I would still really like to know if it's possible to keymap to it

I feel like I'm asking how to get to Chipping Norton and just being asked why I want to go there rather than Chipping Sodbury! :-)

So move Xtreamity to the top of the extension list and it's accessible with just 2 button clicks. (blue button and OK)

or just assign it to a rarely used button such as long press on any of the coloured buttons or the info button.

I don't think any of you can have met my wife! Anything more than a single, well labelled, button isn't going to cut it.

Please, can someone tell me if it is possible to do what I want? If it isn't fair enough, but with all that is possible within these systems I feel it probably is if I just know the map to command.

Accepting all of the above, I would still really like to know if it's possible to keymap to it

Anything is possible but not something I've ever done or likely to, just to save a button press. Any remapping will likely be overwritten with every software update too.
You can map most buttons to most plugins in the user config menu.

You will have to leave some feedback on how it's done when you get it sorted.

OK, if no one knows how to do it, fair enough, I will keep researching. I will post it if I find out how.

Just to say though, its not just to save a button press, it's to make a system that is easy as possible for a non techy to use.

OK, if no one knows how to do it, fair enough, I will keep researching. I will post it if I find out how.

Just to say though, its not just to save a button press, it's to make a system that is easy as possible for a non techy to use.
You have jedimaker and xtreamity installed?
I assume you use jedi for live TV and xtreamity for vod and series?
The vod and series have no EPG data, so you'll be looking through a blank EPG for something to watch?

If she can't remember, for example, that the blue button followed by OK launches XStreamity, how on earth are you going to teach her how to actually use XStreamity? ! puzzled.gif

1_0_19_CD6E_844_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20230503211601.jpg

Following an on screen display is easy. Remembering which unlabelled button on a remote is required to perform a task is not, unless you use the system a lot. Everywhere else where the coloured buttons are used there is always helper text on the screen telling you what it does.

You have been very helpful to me in my very steep learning curve on enigma2, and have my gratitude for that, but I know better than you what will work and what won't in our house. Any button that needs pressing for anything needs to be labeled either on the button itself or on the screen where it is used.

You have jedimaker and xtreamity installed?
I assume you use jedi for live TV and xtreamity for vod and series?
The vod and series have no EPG data, so you'll be looking through a blank EPG for something to watch?
Yes.
Yes.
The VOD and series have epg within xstreamity on my system.

It would be so much easier if someone could just answer my original question rather than just asking me question after questions as to why I want to do it this way!

I am an enigma2 newbie but I have a lot of experience when it comes to automation logic and user interface screens. The best systems are easy for both experts and someone picking up the control for the first time to use. In my opinion the way I wish to do this would work best for our use case.

I was hoping someone would have wanted to keymap to start a plugin before, but I guess not.

Back