zgemma 2s build

bobcatsky

ok guys which build in your opinions runs best on the 2s been using woosh but dont think the box is up to standerds for the build so just wondered what others are using and running good, thanks in advance

Agreed open atv with just the basic plugins you need. Anything else will just make what is already a slower box due to age even worse.

Straight Open Atv 6.2 no builds .Use it on lots of boxes without issues. I find it much better without builds.
Morning, I followed your advice & flashed my two 2S boxes with OpenATV 6.1, I then loaded Xstream & I2stream through Openwebif.
I2stream works great, movie's play perfect.
I then contacted my service provider & got them my lines installed, now here comes my problem, both boxes same.
All services are there including VOD but as soon as I try & view anything boxes freeze & only thing I can do is switch off at power socket.
Question is should I update to 6.2 & do this through boxes? Do I need to anything with my External HD's?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Morning, I followed your advice & flashed my two 2S boxes with OpenATV 6.1, I then loaded Xstream & I2stream through Openwebif.
I2stream works great, movie's play perfect.
I then contacted my service provider & got them my lines installed, now here comes my problem, both boxes same.
All services are there including VOD but as soon as I try & view anything boxes freeze & only thing I can do is switch off at power socket.
Question is should I update to 6.2 & do this through boxes? Do I need to anything with my External HD's?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Open Atv 6.1 is no longer updated so I would use 6.2 and see if it improves..Just make sure you initialise your hdd and check you are saving your epg to hdd and not internal flash. Also Is it Xtream Editor you are using or Xtreamtv plugin as I know the plugin is not great.

Open Atv 6.1 is no longer updated so I would use 6.2 and see if it improves..Just make sure you initialise your hdd and check you are saving your epg to hdd and not internal flash. Also Is it Xtream Editor you are using or Xtreamtv plugin as I know the plugin is not great.
Evening, I backed up my settings & reflashed box to 6.2, all good but no matter which channel I try the box freezes within two seconds. Only way to is to switch box off & let it reload. What am I doing wrong? Haven't tried other box as sure it will be same.

Just tried your suggestion TK & no different, sly channel starts but freezes with in 3 seconds, wee wheel keeps spinning but you can't do anything.
Really at a loss with this.
Also no terminal now on 6.2.

You don't need Terminal, just click blue>flash online/local, flash online up to V6.2

As Pablo said, use putty to install Xtream. Also I wuld do a fresh install and not restore settings from an old backup .

It’s a 2s. It’s old. You need as little on it as possible to make it run at all
Don’t do builds to much bloat with them for your box

Iptv wasn’t really a thing then your box came out. For 50£ you can get a better box which will give less problems
Keep the 2s for sat.

Thanks guys for all the advice, yes agree think best to give up on 2S, Next question what do you guys recommend to give trouble free IPTV streaming?

Back