zgemma combo - VM wall connection - Noob question

pezz77

Hi guys. Total Noob to all this so Apologies for what are probably very basic questions but I have been given conflicting advice on this from mates so thought I would come on and ask some experts. ☺

I was potentially looking to buy one of the combo boxes from e bay with "gift" for both vm and sly.

1. Has anyone bought through e bay and are these guys reliable?

2. At the moment I have both sky feed and vm broadband only active. One on hand I have read that as I have the vm broadband active I can hook up the box through this without a tv package? Is this right.i have been told I can from one source and I need a basic vm tv package from another.

3. If the answer to the above is I can, my vm wall connection only has one feed to my VM hub. Would I have to use a splitter on the wall connection? If yes, can I then just run a Co ax cablestraight to the zgemma box and that's it.

Again, as you will see from my questions I am total Noob to all this so any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys

Pezz

for cable, broadband and tv runs of the same line. All you will need is a splitter an adapter for the coaxial to terminate to rf in on the zgemma box

Hi guys. Total Noob to all this so Apologies for what are probably very basic questions but I have been given conflicting advice on this from mates so thought I would come on and ask some experts. ☺

I was potentially looking to buy one of the combo boxes from e bay with "gift" for both vm and sly.

1. Has anyone bought through e bay and are these guys reliable?

2. At the moment I have both sky feed and vm broadband only active. One on hand I have read that as I have the vm broadband active I can hook up the box through this without a tv package? Is this right.i have been told I can from one source and I need a basic vm tv package from another.

3. If the answer to the above is I can, my vm wall connection only has one feed to my VM hub. Would I have to use a splitter on the wall connection? If yes, can I then just run a Co ax cablestraight to the zgemma box and that's it.

Again, as you will see from my questions I am total Noob to all this so any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys

Pezz

Pezz, I would strongly advise against buying a preloaded box from ebay. You can buy the box from the forum sponsor in the Zgemma section. I have one myself and they are easy to flash and install the lines required for both cable and sky. Both of these connections can be requested in the general sat & cable sections on this forum
As Maaz says below for the vm feed a simple splitter and you have a live cable feed, your existing sky cable will work for your sky.
Hope this helps

Thanks very much for the advice Garryth. Much appreciated. I will have a look around and see about trying to do it myself then.

Cheers.

Back