Zgemma H.2S recording and timeshift issue

oskarells

Hi All

wondering if you could help with a little issue I have regarding recording and timeshift problems

I am running woohsbuild infinity on a zgemma h.2s with the openatv 6.4 and using IPTV only.

when I record something the screen freezes and I cant watch what I am recording, unsure if this is normal as I haven't got multiroom yet?

I can also pause tv but it doesn't visibily show that its paused (no pause logo etc) apart from the screen stopping

However when I try and time shift I just get a red cross. I was using an 8gb flash drive so I thought this may have been the issue so went and bought a 320gb hdd (no power supply)

I formatted the HDD to fat32 from exfat, plugged the hdd in to the box, initialised it and then converted it from ext3 to ext4.

Then I went in to recording & timeshift settings and made sure both file paths were HDD>movie and HDD>timeshift.

This didn't enable it to work, so I reflashed the box and tried everything again still with no luck.

Can ANYONE help please as I am tearing my hair out.

thanks

Last edited:
Hi All

wondering if you could help with a little issue I have regarding recording and timeshift problems

I am running woohsbuild infinity on a zgemma h.2s with the openatv 6.4.

when I record something the screen freezes and I cant watch what I am recording, unsure if this is normal as I haven't got multiroom yet?

I can also pause tv but it doesn't visibily show that its paused (no pause logo etc) apart from the screen stopping

However when I try and time shift I just get a red cross. I was using an 8gb flash drive so I thought this may have been the issue so went and bought a 320gb hdd (no power supply)

I formatted the HDD to fat32 from exfat, plugged the hdd in to the box, initialised it and then converted it from ext3 to ext4.

Then I went in to recording & timeshift settings and made sure both file paths were HDD>movie and HDD>timeshift.

This didn't enable it to work, so I reflashed the box and tried everything again still with no luck.

Can ANYONE help please as I am tearing my hair out.

thanks
You answered your own question at the beginning.
If you don't have multiroom or your provider doesn't allow recording you can't record.
This is assuming you mean iptv?
If using satellite then you can disregard my advice

Hi, yes I am using iptv. I can record but the screen freezes and I can't watch the channel that is being recorded. When I go in to 'recordings' the file is present and I can watch it.

Not being able to record and watch the same channel isn't a huge issue I just thought I would point it out.

Hi, yes I am using iptv. I can record but the screen freezes and I can't watch the channel that is being recorded. When I go in to 'recordings' the file is present and I can watch it.

Not being able to record and watch the same channel isn't a huge issue I just thought I would point it out.
Have you not got a sat dish available as well ??

Back