Zgemma H11S defaults to specific satellite position in standby

lostone

Hi All,

Have a small issue with my Zgemma H11S and really can't figure it out, if anyone can help please.

Long story short - my setup is a motoriosed dish with a Zgemma H11S box, quite a few satellites tuned in, last channel watched was on 0.8W, for example, set the box in stand by, next time I turn it back on I have the "moving dish" message, moving it from 28.2E back to 0.8W to get the signal for that last channel I watched. It seems like when in standby it "defaults" to 28.2E for some reason and I can't figure it out for the life of me.
The image I'm currently running is the WillowBuild for OpenVix, changed it from a "clean" OpenVix to see if I have the same behaviour - still the same.
Some of the bouquets I have are generated with AutoBouquetsMaker , some I manually put together, if that makes any difference.

I don't remember setting 28.2 as a default anywhere in the settings or similar, even if I could, 28.2 e wouldn't be my 1st choice of a "default" orbital position. Is not a big deal, just wanted to know why is doing that, this just started to happen recently.
The time kind of coincides with me starting to fiddle a bit with skins, trying to change things in the appearance of the box, however, these are just skins, shouldn't affect this functionality (at least in theory, quite new to this skins thingy) :-) On the other hand, changed the skin back to another "stock" one, even deleted the files from the box for the one I was playing with and still the same.

In "positioner setup", when you save a position after tweaking it, you have 3 options:
- yes
- no
- yes (save index in setup tuner)
what's the difference between 1 and 3, can anyone shed some light on this please? I wonder if that's got anything to do with the issue described? Usually I choose 1) but maybe I accidentally choose 3) for 28.2E at some point without realising it?

I would like to try it on a clean OpenATV but there seems to be an issue on any OpenATV images I tried with the CCcams, the image keeps freezing for a split second every few seconds, is really annoying and makes the channels un-watchable. In OpenVix everything is smooth, dont have that issue at all, using the same C line. Broadband I have is quite stable, don't have other issues with that. Tried to match the cccam version running on openAtv with the same version working nicely on OpenVix with no luck.

If anyone has any ideas I could try, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Have you set a startup channel Usually done when in the bouquets then pressing the menu button to activate it.

Im sure you would know you had done that but worth a mention.

Are you using the same configs for CCcam on OpenATV as on Vix ?

No didn't setup any startup channel and yeah, using the same conf for CCcam in both systems (at least the /etc/CCcam.cfg file).
Just found there are some cron jobs on the willowbuild image that seem to have something to to with Sky (obviously on 28.2E) but didn't started to "dissect" the python scripts yet to see what they're doing, might now be connected to this at all anyway. Need to boot into the "clean" vix image to see if they are there as well (or anything in the crontab for that matter), but again - it's Sunday, too lazy right now 🙃

//edit: the crons I mentioned:

0 * * * * /usr/bin/ntpdate-sync silent
7,22,37,52 * * * * /usr/willoscripts/skypicker.sh
8,23,38,53 * * * * /usr/willoscripts/skyslicker.sh
01 * * * * /usr/willoscripts/toppicks-asskicker.sh
17 05 * * * /usr/willoscripts/Willobuild-Updater.sh

//edit #2
no crons on the openvix "clean" image, just checked, so there goes that theory...
root@zgemmah11s:~# crontab -l
no crontab for root

Look in the EPG menu and check whether then OpenTV EPG zapper is enabled. If it is, this will explain why it is zapping to 28.2.
Yes it was enabled and set to dnload from 28.2 every 6 hours, makes perfect sense now, than you!

To be honest never paid too much attention to that submenu, I've set up an external task with webgrabber to download epg only for what I'm interested in on other satellites.
I suspect it won't jump on 28.2 anymore now 😁

Cheers mate, panic over now 😁

Hi just got h11s got xstreamity for iptv works well. is there a clock on front of the box?I cant seem to find anything to do this ?

Can you not download the VDF plugin sure that is a clock. Never setup this model so cannot confirm
I haven't got this model h11s,but looks like there's no clock on it.
it's only h7 and h9 twin/combo models that have clock fronts now excluding the older h2 and h5 models.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231106-221209_kindlephoto-18853047.png
    Screenshot_20231106-221209_kindlephoto-18853047.png
    243.1 KB · Views: 2
Back