ZGemma H2H/ H3.2TC Flash Problem PLZ Help!

ryanfc2

Hey folks, this isnt a question for a specific box but more for a Zgemma in general if anyone with any experience/knowledge could help.

Basically I have an old H3.2TC that I have lying around in the house, I had it replaced with a H9T a while back but ive tried to get it up and running again for a backup box but I was playing with it a while back and tried to flash it and it sorta half flashed and since that day Its never worked properly and blue screens alot, it uses Wooshbuild Infinity but te main issue is that I would like to FLASH/RESET The box completely to factory like the day i bought it. For some reason the box must have a mind of its own and stops me from doing so, ive tried USB Pen, Opebwebinf command etc etc all dont work properly the box refuses to flat out wipe completely to the way it was pre any IPT* OR VM Line or anything, it just blue screens when I tried to do particular things with it, I fear I might have deleted or corrupted some file on the box itself during a filezilla session or something by accidient.

I tried to load my wireless dongle up on it to pick up a wireless signal and when i went into where you would go, (SYSTEM, NETWORK, DEVICE SETUP) IT dosent show the dongle, it dosent even show an ethernet connection and my cable was plugged in and does work with ethernet as I tested quickly with my line.

Sorry for rambaling but basically i would just like to try and get it back to its original factory setup as possible and then put an image on it but it wont let me do this at all. I even did the factory reset on the box which it did but it defo still seemed off and blue screened etc etc

Any help would be great folks as if I could get it going id like to use it upstairs for additional tv.

RD

You don't need to factory reset it.
Download openatv 6.4 for your model and unzip it.
Put it on a formatted usb and into the box.
Power on while holding standby button until it flashes.
Once you have openatv6.4 installed you can load grogbuild freerange via openwebif

Try flashing Grogbuild freerange on it, using the command line from resources
Pretty sure I tried this mate and didnt take for whatever reason at the time, is there anyway to return all the folders in filezilla that the box has back to their originals or something or some cheat to get it wiped lol

You don't need to factory reset it.
Download openatv 6.4 for your model and unzip it.
Put it on a formatted usb and into the box.
Power on while holding standby button until it flashes.
Once you have openatv6.4 installed you can load grogbuild freerange via openwebif

i tried to flash a new zgemma image over it and that included force and no force options and just kept booting into the box instead, its like the box didnt or cant read the USB port that it has something plugged in.

Needs to be re flashed, one way or another. you might need to try a few different usbs.
Cheers bud, Ill give it a go but I was pretty sure the USB used was one id used previous on the box, think just something off with it now wont read pen drives n the likes its like it dosent detect things plugged in

Try it in the front usb port.
If that doesn't work use a different usb stick.
It's common for these boxes to 'ignore' usb's-you may need to try three or four before one works

If you have used the usb before then put it into your pc. If pc picks up the usb it will be fine with a low level format using HDDGURU and then fat 32 . Far better method is to just plug your box in by the router and hard wire it into the router. Does not need to be near the tv but plugged in and hard wired to the router. Go into your router network settings and your should see the zgemma listed with the ip address. Type that into your browser and openwebif will show onscreen. Click on terminal and enter root as password. Copy and paste command prompt line below and hit enter. She will flash i promise you. Only issue you will have is if its on atv 6.4 for password access but look in webif grab screenshot first.

wget --no-check-certificate -O installatv.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqbo698rxconave/installatv.sh?dl=1 && bash installatv.sh

Thanks everyone, managed to get it flashed to 6.4 and threw Grogbuild on for a change, hoping it runs smootly now, never used Grogs before!!

Thanks for all the help again folks!!! Legends!

Back