Cable Zgemma H2h. Help needed.

Two lines, vm sly and two feeds, sat and cable

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

so i need to buy a

v gift and a
sly gift

and then just plug the same cables that are in my virgin box in to the zgemma ?

If you have a sat dish and a VM feed, you can receive both. However if you only one of the two just purchase which ever connection required.
Imho I would purchase the VM feed, you'll have full HD back and if you can handle sports without setanta I'm pretty sure most of your viewing channels are covered

Two lines, vm sly and two feeds, sat and cable

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

so i need to buy a

v gift and a
sly gift

and then just plug the same cables that are in my virgin box in to the zgemma ?

Yeah and run the sly dish sly cable into the Zgemma as well. So you have a virgin connection and a sly connection in.

i dont have a sly dish fitted ...never have done

Just use the VM connection them - As per posted above - you just won't have dual record if you have a h2.h

can anyone recommend me where i can by my vm gift from please??

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 AM ----------

thanks so just get a vm line then

with this i dont get setanta

ok

i think i got it

can anyone recommend me where i can by my vm gift from please??

---------- Post Merged at 11:11 AM ----------

thanks so just get a vm line then

with this i dont get setanta

ok

i think i got it

general cable section, "anyone recommend a good cable server 2016" you'll get all the help you need there!

I'm just about to embark on trying to get a H2H set up with the sucmnsee's image. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing, but these things never are....

Plus I need to make one post before I can download anything! ;-)

Hi guys. I'm a complete novice at this, but hopefully with your words of wisdom I'll be up and running in no time. Currently experiencing problems with tuning in virgin.

---------- Post Merged at 04:35 PM ----------

Tullochard, how did you get on with the download? Did it work?

Hi guys. I'm a complete novice at this, but hopefully with your words of wisdom I'll be up and running in no time. Currently experiencing problems with tuning in virgin.

---------- Post Merged at 04:35 PM ----------

Tullochard, how did you get on with the download? Did it work?

I got there eventually. The problem is, that even though the instructions on this site are very good, they are not 100% flawless. It took me 2 evenings to sort, with soem weird things happening so had to begin again. Take note of Post #55 before you begin.

As well as using Sucmnsee's official instructions, I used this thread: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h1/84710-zgemma-h1-full-vm-setup-guide.html

I would advise printing the instructions out, and ticking off each step - they can be difficult to follow. Sometimes you need to re-read a few times to make sense.

Setting up the line caused me the most bother, because when I FTP'd to the box, the Newcamd.List and CCcam.cfg files were not there. That baffled me. It was only when I tried copying my own files into the box, and it said are you sure you want to overwrite, that they then appeared in my FTP client. WEIRD.

The last pain in the **** was setting up EPG. That took a while, with me having to change my Net ID to my local ingerlush region instead of Edinburgh. It then worked, but it took a while for the Bouquets to populate.

Not had much chance to play with the system, however the music channels seem to stick and I didn't seem to get the nudey channels. :whistling:

My 1 month line expired and so got a new 12 month.

Now a lot of channels are sticking or not loading! :damn:

Now I need to go do some research to see what can be done to improve.

Question to the experienced: I changed both my CCcam and NewCamd configs. Is this actually needed? Could running both cause issues? Is one better than the other?

My 1 month line expired and so got a new 12 month.

Now a lot of channels are sticking or not loading! :damn:

Now I need to go do some research to see what can be done to improve.

Question to the experienced: I changed both my CCcam and NewCamd configs. Is this actually needed? Could running both cause issues? Is one better than the other?

I am new mate, so don't take this as 100% accurate, I had the same issue as you though, I left it in both places but then in the Menu>Setup>Cam>Softcam setup I changed it here and the screen jumped back to life.

Yous one cam at a time mgcamd is supposed to be better but if you are using 1 cline and 1 nline you need to put them both in CCCam.cfg with the N line starting with n.

If there both n lines place them both in newcamd.list starting with CWS = without the N

Hi all just jumping in on this with a similar question, I have a h2h with sly and virmin but I have a dual line, I can get both hd and sly but can only record whatever channel I'm watching. To enable me to watch one and record another would I have to buy another line ?
Cheers any help appreciated

When recording the channel locks it's self to the tuner for example, if you was watching A cable channel then you could only turn over to a satellite channel and vice versa.
I cant see the need for another line if your set up is correct,it should work

Last edited:
cheers dangerous, ive just tried recording one side, then turning over to another channel but can only watch the free to air channels.......no sports or movies ect, its just a black screen on any premium channels.
i must have it set up wrong.

Back