Zgemma H2H Locking Up/Crashing.

Rustynuts

Hi Guys and Gals.

Came home from work yesterday turned tv on to be greeted with "No Signal". Looked at my box and the time was displayed but a red light was shown instead of green. Unplugged and powered back up it showed "Boot" but then hung and the red light was still on with no display on the tv. Rebooted a few times and still the same issue. So i reflashed the box with the latest WooshBuild and all was good in the world again.

Came home from work today and the box had locked up again, this time though it had a green light on so powered down, fired it back up and luckily it booted straight up.

What they hell is going on you think? Is my box slowly dying or do you think this heat wave we are having is overheating my box? The box is near a window and unfortunately I cant move it due to cable length, its one of those jobs that I just havent got round to sorting.

Iv looked in the log folder but its empty.

Any info/help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

I have a h2h and mine has been freezing lately and cant change channel or ewt have to reboot by turning box off at the back and backon then its fine I think its the heat myself so I just put my box on standby when not in use so it cools down

My H2H has been doing the same, but worse, it is flooding the network and blocking Internet access! A quick power cycle fixes it, but still rather annoying. I have checked the obvious for the logging option with mg_cfg file, but that is already set to 00, so turned off. It is happening 2-3 times a week at the moment, running latest Grog build. I think it's a hardware fault as nothing is recorded within the \home\root\logs directory when it goes into a mental state!

My H2H has been doing the same, but worse, it is flooding the network and blocking Internet access! A quick power cycle fixes it, but still rather annoying. I have checked the obvious for the logging option with mg_cfg file, but that is already set to 00, so turned off. It is happening 2-3 times a week at the moment, running latest Grog build. I think it's a hardware fault as nothing is recorded within the \home\root\logs directory when it goes into a mental state!
try the infinity build from wooshman you will have to put open atv on first think you will be able to put that on from your box instead of usb then follow his instruction from the wooshbuild infinity thread page 1

It could well be your power supply is overheating and causing a power loss ?
Try a small fan on it during this heat to try and keep it cooler.

Cool to know i'm not on my own with this one. Fingers crossed its just a heat issue, ill keep my eye on it if it does it again ill have to go out and buy some cable and relocate it..

My Zgemma H2H is locking up more and more now, for the past 3 days it has crashed 3 times each day, the screen freezes but is unresponsive to the remote control or front power button! I am also unable to connect to it via Putty. On a positive I have stopped it flooding my network by replacing the network switch it was plugged into, so that's something :-)

I have reflashed with whooshbuild and that hasn't made any difference, so it's clearly not software related. I have tried a new power supply and again no difference. I have raised the box to allow more air to circulate, but it doesn't feel like it is over heating. The log files show nothing, so I suspect my Zgemma has a hardware component that is gradually failing.

Any other thoughts on what could be causing these hang/freezing symptoms?

Mine hasnt done it since I made this post, it has been bit cooler in our living room over the last week so I'm pointing towards heat for mine. Not sure on your issue though as I was always able to connect to it via pc. Maybe yours is dying.

Sorry ,this may seem very basic but I have to ask. I had a few people having a similar problem during the hot weather and when I looked at their boxes they had not removed the plastic film protector that comes on the box so it was overheating. Also check your usb/hdd is ok.

Hi there, did anyone get a remedy for this. I just got zgemma h2h box from one of my pals who got a nvidia shield. He had it lying there for a while not plugged in. I don't know what build etc is on it because I plugged it in and its displaying red light and "boot" but won't turn on for me to flash with enigma or even wooshy. Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks in advance. R

Hi there, did anyone get a remedy for this. I just got zgemma h2h box from one of my pals who got a nvidia shield. He had it lying there for a while not plugged in. I don't know what build etc is on it because I plugged it in and its displaying red light and "boot" but won't turn on for me to flash with enigma or even wooshy. Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks in advance. R
You said earlier you had purloined a 3000mah supply?
This is only 3A.
Try one around 5 amp or maybe higher

They're all 12v but low ampage will stop any enigma box from booting up.
There's a world of difference between:
12v 2A
12v 5A
12v 10A

12V 2000mA Zgemma Star Power Supply
12V Zgemma Star Power Supply

• Input Voltage: AC 110--240V
  • Output Voltage: DC 12V
  • Output Current: 2000mA
  • Comes with figure 8 mains lead
  • Size: W:65mm D:35mm H:125mm
3 Pin Irish/Uk Power Supply

The 12v is the required voltage to power this receiver.

Uses of the 12V 2000mA Zgemma Star Power Supply:

• Able to power the Zgemma Star Receiver
  • Compatable with most Zgemma Receivers but check spec to be certain
  • Multi-purpose can be used on electronics with power requirments of 12v 2amp and lower amperage.
Advantages of the 12V 2000mA Zgemma Star Power Supply:

You said earlier you had purloined a 3000mah supply?
This is only 3A.
Try one around 5 amp or maybe higher
Okay I've tried the renaming of n force to force and put USB in still nothing troops, just waiting on zgemma getting in touch about a power supply. I had one of these wee boxes before and it was great, so I would love to get it up n running again. Thanks for replies much appreciated btw. Will try 5amp number

Back