zgemma h2s just died need recommendations for next box

Just a heads up on the h7s got mine through the other day and I am impressed. One thing that was a little bugbear is it doesn't have a sd card slot which I find really annoying as always used a micro sd card for picons, epg, timeshift, swap file on h2s, h2h, h52tc so why they got rid for the h7 I don't know.
The H7 can use an internal hdd which the other boxes couldn't. No real need for a microsd slot.

I thought the old argument was that all the frequent usage stuff was thrown on microsd card, and to leave recordings for the hdd? As people were saying saves it spinning up all the time for epg, picons, timeshift, swap file etc?

I will have to use a mini USB I brought ages ago I thought flitted behind the h2s, h2h flap but it has a annoying blue light, hence my mourning of the sd card slot.
It is a minor gripe and really happy with the box overall, tempted to upgrade my 1tb USB passport drive to a internal 2.5 ssd to get the most out of it.

Oh that's epic I literally didn't know that. Just trying to get my bouquets and skin to mirror my current boxes but already loving the fact it's so much faster

its so smooth with, but ill uninstall cache flush and remove the swap file as well and see if it makes an imapct.
its epic my iptv flicks channels like a normal TV, no blue circle or nothing. Used to the USB instead of sd card as well the blue light on it only annoyed me once when i was watching a movie with the lights off. I can watch 4k VOD in HDR as well which is epic, totally chuffed. Also no issue with resetting oscam like i had to do on the h5 a few times. H5 going up on ebay soon.

Back