Cable zgemma h7c occasionally booting

kallquk

Hello,

I, recently, bought a new zgemma h7c, and it was some time understanding is having problems booting. It remains to "boot", nothing appears from hdmi, sometime tv reports hdmi off.

Upgrading from from usb works always, but from usb 3.0 only, may be pendrive problem, because it is 16gb, too big I think.

Anyway, after installed pure2 6.3 recovery mmc, at next reboot, it does not boot, too, as described above

It, boots, occasionally, after several tries, as nothing happening, all working very well, h7 quality. There are no problems using it, all is ok, until I do boot it again, or AC network failure.

I opened it, it is really new, very clean, nothing doubt, no burnt smell, no hot parts etc.
I notices a rs232 socket, may be the case to connect it to pc ?
May be somthing appears to putty. But how to do pinouts ?
There are 4 pins in zgemma (1 gnd, 2 Txd, 3 Rxd, 4 3.3v)
I think:
zgemma pin1 gnd - > pc com pin 5
zgemma pin2 txd - > pc com pin2
zgemma pin3 fxd - > pc com pin3

I have no idea where to connect zgemma pin4 3.3v, or leave it disconnected. There is a serial communication that can do with three wires, is this the case ?

Can anyone give me a suggestion to do?

thanks in advance

I now have the same problem with my h7s , a few wks ago , it took a bit longer for it to start
then over time took longer and longer and had to keep turning it off and on , now I only see boot and it stays like that , could it be my PSU also ?
I plugged the power line into the new h9 and it works , so not sure tbh

regards
Mike

I now have the same problem with my h7s , a few wks ago , it took a bit longer for it to start
then over time took longer and longer and had to keep turning it off and on , now I only see boot and it stays like that , could it be my PSU also ?
I plugged the power line into the new h9 and it works , so not sure tbh

regards
Mike
The h7s is more powerful I would get a new PSU

my h7s now working again , I tried the psu I got with my h9
and it worked straight away ,

only thing was I had to set the box up again , which I dont mind
have it almost done, just scanning sat channels now .
thanks for all your help Pablo and Mosh , am very grateful for help
and the quick responces from you both

kindest regards
Mike

Back