Zgemma H7C VM line freezing badly

1.jpg 2a.jpg
My Zgemma has been runningly reasonably well for the past 6 months or so, yet for the last 3 days, it has been freezing quite badly, every 30-90 seconds. Now I do appreciate that freezing does happen, but I know it shouldn't this much.
After doing the usual maintenance, of which I do weekly, sometimes more, what I did notice is that the signal finder strength isn't showing as anything, see picture 1.
When I change the transponder, I get good strengths, see picture 2.
Now my question is, whilst I have selected the transponder in picture 2, how do I actually save this transponder? As when I go back into the signal finder, 115mhz is showing again.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Forgot to mention that I am using Oscam.
All maintenance such as update provider files, then scan, is done at least twice a week.

Last edited:
View attachment 37865 View attachment 37866
My Zgemma has been runningly reasonably well for the past 6 months or so, yet for the last 3 days, it has been freezing quite badly, every 30-90 seconds. Now I do appreciate that freezing does happen, but I know it shouldn't this much.
After doing the usual maintenance, of which I do weekly, sometimes more, what I did notice is that the signal finder strength isn't showing as anything, see picture 1.
When I change the transponder, I get good strengths, see picture 2.
Now my question is, whilst I have selected the transponder in picture 2, how do I actually save this transponder? As when I go back into the signal finder, 115mhz is showing again.
Any help would be much appreciated.

go to autobouquetsmaker>update provider files, then scan
check the above/missing channels etc
also, what softcam are you using?

Oooppps. Forgot to mention that I am using Oscam.
All maintenance such as update provider files, then scan is done at least twice a week.

what channels can't you get by doing an ABM scan? - they should all be there unless you have incorrect netid in ABM>providers

if you think it's the line, try a new test line, you shouldn't need to change transponders manually, just scanning in ABM should be enough

Line isn't a issue. So of the signal strength as show in pic 1 on 115mhz, that's the default yes?

If you do an ABM scan, you don't need to do a tuner scan.
if you wish to scan the tuners and change transponders etc, then you run ABM, it will undo what you've just done.
if your transponder has changed, updating provider files will fix this

Of the two oscam folders I have, oscam atv and oscam atv emu, is one better than the other?

I've not noticed any difference myself, and another thing I've noticed, if i paste details into the oscam.server file in oscam_atv folder, it also appears in the other .server file in the other oscam folder

VM did come out a while back and put an atunator or what ever its called onto the line. I am wondering if I should buy a signal booster......

VM did come out a while back and put an atunator or what ever its called onto the line. I am wondering if I should buy a signal booster......

You can check the power levels and snr yourself easily:
on the bottom of the router is a 'settings password' write it down
open a browser window on laptop and type 192.168.0.1, click enter
use that password to login to the router
click Advanced settings on the left, then tools>network status
this opens a new page, click Downstream tab at the top and it'll show all the data in a list
copy and paste it here
power levels should be between -6 and 10
snr should be around 38, the higher the better...below 34.5 is useless

they are fine, when you say freezing, is it actually stop/start/stop or is it breaking up/pixellation like this?
pixellation is caused by bad cabling/ poor quality splitters etc, if it's freezing it's more likely to be the line

Attachments

• pixelation01.jpg
    pixelation01.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 3
there's nothing wrong with the signal, if it had been slightly out, VM would come and fix it, the only use for HDU (booster) is if you are running extra cables upstairs and the signal isn;t strong enough

Ta.
I do think at times, that VM are playing silly buggers with me.
I'll be leaving them in July and going elsewhere. I have been told that the line coming into the home will still be active as such, and therefore I'll still be able to use the VM line on Zgemma

it takes less than 2 mins to paste a new test line in and if it's no different, you'll know it's no the line and it may be a different software/hardware problem. My bet is that it's the line

Back