Satellite Zgemma H7s - override HDD

majas76

Hi All,

I use the Zgemma H7s for last 12 months. Every time when HDD is full I need manually delete old data to make space for new records. I have Openatv 6.3 image.
I can't find any option for automatically override data the HDD. Do you have any suggestions

TIA Maciej

why not delete recordings once they have been watched, then you shouldn't run out of space, not sure what size hdd you have but it would take a lot of recordings to fill a HDD normally

I have 500 GB HDD. It is full after approx 2 weeks. I looking for some settings or scrypt for automatically delete old recordings after x days.

I have 500 GB HDD. It is full after approx 2 weeks. I looking for some settings or scrypt for automatically delete old recordings after x days.
Do you record EVERYTHING,?
I have a 500G HDD and its not full after nearly 2 years.
I just delete what I don't want to keep after I've watched it, its mostly just films on it that stay.

Hi All,

I use the Zgemma H7s for last 12 months. Every time when HDD is full I need manually delete old data to make space for new records. I have Openatv 6.3 image.
I can't find any option for automatically override data the HDD. Do you have any suggestions

TIA Maciej
I have h7s on Vix! I just delete trash can once a month, you obviously delete from file list once it has been watched?

I don't record anything but I know people who do.
Is it correct that it takes about one gigabyte per hour?
Theres only 168 hours in a week so if you recorded 24/7 the hdd wouldn't be full
Not sure how a 500gb drive is filling up do quickly unless it's corrupted in some way

@pabloescaban, 1h is approx the 3GB on my recorder. My device 24h record all TV programs and I happy for this. I looking for the solution for delete or override old programs automatically after selected days.

@pabloescaban, 1h is approx the 3GB on my recorder. My device 24h record all TV programs and I happy for this. I looking for the solution for delete or override old programs automatically after selected days.
sorry but why would you record 24 hours/day? you must record some carp LOL

Even if you do record that much, then surely you delete after you have watched it? if you do you can change settings so the box just deletes the file rather than put in trash can or put in the trash can and then delete after x days.

Last edited:
yes ext4 R/W
You need to go into recording settings and scroll down to the bit where it says empty trashcan after so many days! I think the default is 7 change it 1 day or whatever green save and just delete programs when watched.
I know I'm repeating what has been advised but you need to physically delete recordings by pressing red button when watched!

I use this HDD as Timeshift.

timeshift should be deleting files automatically after a short period of time, my timeshift folder has just 500mb of files in it at the moment.

Check your timeshift settings.

What ads as some channels dont use them,o Happy days lol, i doze and miss more but the repeats are great for catch up.

Back