WooshBuild Zgemma H7S won’t FLSH – but found a way round

pricklyEd

About 2 years ago I loaded OpenATV 6.2 and WB Infinity for used with satellite.

Recently decided it could do with updating.

Online flash didn’t work as OATV version too old.

Loaded latest OATV version from openATV Nightly Downloads onto USB stick at ZGEMMA folder level and tried flashing. No good straight to boot. Tried another and another USB stick – still no FLSH.

As many people had flagged this issue up (not just for my model) so started wading through Techkings forums just in case there was an answer buried somewhere.

After a fair bit of digging found a possible solution in Cable & Satellite/General Cable TV. Forum. Flash ATV via command line from the creators GrogBuild FreeRange - Leading the way to simplicity

What grog68 suggested was using a command line that would pick up the latest OATV build and load it onto your USB/HDD and start the flash
1622152966724.png

So I fired up webif, went into Terminal from Extras, root as login, pasted in the command and pressed enter.

After a relatively short while OpenATV was flashed to latest build. I stopped it at the Video Wizard and then went to load Wooshbuild Infinity from ‘Installation Step 1’ as per WooshBuild Infinity - For ALL Enigma2 boxes

A bit of waiting and lots of pressing OK on the remote and there it was: OpenATV 6.4 on the machine and WB Infinity and the unit playing well.

In future I promise myself that I will update a lot more often. :blush:

So it goes to show that with a fair bit of effort and time you can find most things somewhere on the site instead of jumping in and posting a query that has been answered a number of times already.
So enjoy!!!

Loaded latest OATV version from openATV Nightly Downloads onto USB stick at ZGEMMA folder level and tried flashing. No good straight to boot. Tried another and another USB stick – still no FLSH.

As many people had flagged this issue up (not just for my model) so started wading through Techkings forums just in case there was an answer buried somewhere.

After a fair bit of digging found a possible solution in Cable & Satellite/General Cable TV. Forum. Flash ATV via command line from the creators GrogBuild FreeRange - Leading the way to simplicity

What grog68 suggested was using a command line that would pick up the latest OATV build and load it onto your USB/HDD and start the flash
View attachment 61688

So I fired up webif, went into Terminal from Extras, root as login, pasted in the command and pressed enter.

After a relatively short while OpenATV was flashed to latest build. I stopped it at the Video Wizard and then went to load Wooshbuild Infinity from ‘Installation Step 1’ as per WooshBuild Infinity - For ALL Enigma2 boxes

A bit of waiting and lots of pressing OK on the remote and there it was: OpenATV 6.4 on the machine and WB Infinity and the unit playing well.

So it goes to show that with a fair bit of effort and time you can find most things somewhere on the site instead of jumping in and posting a query that has been answered a number of times already.
So enjoy!!!
What you have done is flash openatv via command prompt using telnet. Its how grogbuild goes through the stages during the flashing process and you stopped it at the point where box had flashed atv and then updated it to woosh. Keep it updated and do a flash and restore every 6 moths and well done sir (y)

View attachment 61688

So enjoy!!!
I wouldn't bother installing any updates on openatv - they cause more problems than they fix.
Just flash it again before Christmas and again 6 months after that.
If you'd run the grogbuild command line it would set everything up for you automatically and scan for channels.
WB Infinity isn't supported as much as grogbuild freerange.

I wouldn't bother installing any updates on openatv - they cause more problems than they fix.
Just flash it again before Christmas and again 6 months after that.
If you'd run the grogbuild command line it would set everything up for you automatically and scan for channels.
WB Infinity isn't supported as much as grogbuild freerange.
How is that phone running pabs ? Bought one as you know and well happy with it buddy

Yeah it's ok.
Not bad for around £80.
Does all I require.
Battery 🔋 is perfect, crappy Samsung needed charging twice a day, it would use up 40% of battery just overnight.
This one lasts 5 days with same amount of usage

Thanks guys for your thoughts. I'll bear them in mind. I've noticed here and there mention of people to try grogbuld instead of Wooshbuild. Is there a non-partisan :smiley: blurb somewhere comparing the two - pros and cons etc?

Thanks guys for your thoughts. I'll bear them in mind. I've noticed here and there mention of people to try grogbuld instead of Wooshbuild. Is there a non-partisan :smiley: blurb somewhere comparing the two - pros and cons etc?
Both atv firmware and layout and plugins are very similar but grog is active and always about for support so i would lean towards him without doubt.Woosh no longer active on here but if its pre builds then you also have willobuild which is openvix

Thanks moshibeth. I will investigate grogbuild - may take a bit of time! When I reflashed to OTV to 6.4 and installed WBI I noticed that the version is the same as when I initially loaded them back in 2019. No doubt there have been some tweaks to WBI since then but maybe time to move on.

Thanks moshibeth. I will investigate grogbuild - may take a bit of time! When I reflashed to OTV to 6.4 and installed WBI I noticed that the version is the same as when I initially loaded them back in 2019. No doubt there have been some tweaks to WBI since then but maybe time to move on.
I am not sure there has to be honest but do not quote me on that.

The only real changes are those between the base images, IE openatv 6.2 to 6.4

Back