Satellite Zgemma H7s

jolly3434

Hi
i just bought the Zgemma H7S, and last night while the box was recording, the channel i was watching 'freeview' started freeze.
So cancelled the recording of the other channel and the freezing stopped.
But when i tried to record the program again, i got a message saying 'error'
i checked the hard drive 'internal' in mount, it wasnt there , no hard drive was showing. So i powered off box and left it till this morning, and the drive was showing and box looked fine 'settings'.
So i updated the image from 6.3 to 6.4 and reloaded my backup settings.
But its been stuck for the last hour on 'install pluging, checking your reciver installed plugins' screen.
does it take a long time?

Thankyou

Last edited:
I had to power off box at the back, and now harddrive not showing again, cant mount, saying no hard drive.
Its a old hard drive from other box i had for 2 years, so maybe its had it, will have to buy another.

I would double check your wiring connections and possibly try the second power socket on the circuit board ,
If no luck treat your new box to a new SSD , as they are so cheap now it would be worth doing anyway or if on a tighter budget a large capacity USB stick.

new hard drive arrived today, and its doing the same thing. it finds the hard drive first time, but after a reboot it doesnt show, cant mount it as it says no hard drive.
do you reckon the box has a fault, this is the second hard drives i have fitted in it.

It shouldn't make a difference but I've always formatted hdd/ssd's to Ext4 on my PC before fitting them. (if you've got a caddy of course).

It shouldn't make a difference but I've always formatted hdd/ssd's to Ext4 on my PC before fitting them. (if you've got a caddy of course).
i did that with the first harddrive, wasnt too sure to do it with the new one encase thats what caused the problem with first drive.

As you have the Zgemma 7S, try a different image in one of the other multiboot sectors and see if you have the same problem.
Try VIX, HDFreaks others

sorry for the late reply, been spending all day, reflashing box, putting wooshbuild and other stuff on my box.
Gave up on the internal hard drive, and used the hard drive in a caddy 'which is powered seperatly' connected to usb port and so far its been working fine, not loosing connection , so will stick with that for the moment and hopefully it runs smoothly.
thanks again for your advice and suggestions.

One thing, can someone tell me how to adjust the epg 'settings' what i mean is when you check the epg programs, there are squashed up, cant read all the name of program

One thing, can someone tell me how to adjust the epg 'settings' what i mean is when you check the epg programs, there are squashed up, cant read all the name of program

If you mean the programme title is cramped together as below, change the timescale settings in the configuration.
On ViX you can just adjust by pressing 1 & 3 on the remote.

1612110322918.png

1612110406564.png

1612110363343.png

Last edited:
Back