zgemma H9s SE not installing image

Hi All

I have updated the zgemma h9s se box to the openatv 7.0 and then installed the sky skin after the reboot the skin is there but no menu options are displayed.
I am trying to flash the box but the menu is not displayed so was trying to flash using a usb but the box does not want to flash. I have download the following image openatv 6.4

openATV Nightly Downloads

I power the box off, insert usb (fat32) and hold the reset button down and then power on, I then wait for 10secs but the light does not change to red and nothing is displayed on the screen.

Please help is there a way to install the image via terminal?

All help is greatly apricated

Hi All

I have updated the zgemma h9s se box to the openatv 7.0 and then installed the sky skin after the reboot the skin is there but no menu options are displayed.
I am trying to flash the box but the menu is not displayed so was trying to flash using a usb but the box does not want to flash. I have download the following image openatv 6.4

openATV Nightly Downloads

I power the box off, insert usb (fat32) and hold the reset button down and then power on, I then wait for 10secs but the light does not change to red and nothing is displayed on the screen.

Please help is there a way to install the image via terminal?

All help is greatly apricated
Openatv 7 isn't very stable, it's not worth bothering with yet.
The fact you have put this on means that 6.4 is a downgrade as far as the box is concerned.
You need 6.4, ver 7 won't do anything you are interested in.
You may have to reset factory settings then flash 6.4

Is there a file named noforce on the USB that needs changing to force, or am i behind with the times again? Lol

You could also try deleting the skin. FTP usr/share/enigma2 and delete the skin folder your using then power of and on the box.

This should give you default skin and you might be able to flash online if you can see the menus.

Last edited:
Another way to do the above assuming you have ftp access is navigate to the settings file at etc/enigma2/settings

Find the skin entry delete it the reboot. As above you should then default to the images skin.

What USB did you use and size,Im trying to download the openatv nightly on to a new box and won't download.TIA
Most usb will work, you haven't said what make you are using?
It needs to be a few GB in size to fit the image on, 500mb isn't big enough.

Have you been initialising the usb before you begin?

Back