Zgemma H9S VPN

Drox

TK Veteran
I’m just wondering what the best method to put a vpn on my zgemma h9s is.

At the moment, I’m trying to set up my keepsolid vpn unlimited on there. I looked at dsayers’s script, unfortunately it’s not one of the options on there.

Can I install a vpn plug-in direct and then just transfer over the openvpn config files?

thanks in advance

VPN unlimited you need to generate your config and it uses up a slot for each config you setup. I didn't get chance to try it as I've used up my slots.

I think the generated config also includes your username and password. It should download a .ovpn file for you send it to hdd/vpn

In VPN manager try setting config location to hdd/vpn and use all config in one folder yes, leave username and password blank and see if you can start VPN.

You could possibly just rename the .ovpn file to Client.conf and send that to etc/openvpn. Then start VPN via network menu

I haven't tried the above but it may work

Last edited:
I just tried the first method now with filezilla, but it's not letting me access the hdd folder. When I click on it, it opens up media/hdd/ - there's no vpn folder in this location, should I create one?

This box is doing my head in lol.

For some reason, when I checked yesterday, the vpn folder that I was created was gone. So I recreated the folder and then dropped the file in there again. When I check today, it was gone again.

I've resigned up to nordvpn, so I thought I'll try this instead, as the keepsolid subscription expires in a few weeks.

I did try the script generator at VPN Script Generator

I did it in the terminal in openwebif, it was working fine the other day, but now it is saying no such file or directory exists

The vpn plugin does show the correct username and password, and was pointing towards hdd/NordVPN2/

So I created that folder and dropped some openvpn configuration files in there manually from the nordvpn website, but it doesn't appear to be connecting.

Have I made a mistake, or should I just try refreshing my box?

I'm using the internal memory for storage, should/do I need to use a usb drive for it?

My scripts use media/hdd so you don't have a harddrive or usb setup for storage? It's recommended to use a storage device for epg.

If you have plenty of internal memory try adding the configs to etc/enigma2/NordVPN. Set VPN manager location to there

My scripts use media/hdd so you don't have a harddrive or usb setup for storage? It's recommended to use a storage device for epg.

If you have plenty of internal memory try adding the configs to etc/enigma2/NordVPN. Set VPN manager location to there
nord vpn config files there are thousands 15mb worth. @Drbox if needed use usb flash drive and have it initialised a leave it in permanent.

I put in a 8gb usb drive and initialised it.

All working, thanks guys!

If I have that OpenVPN autostart option, will that reconnect to my last used server on a reboot?

Last edited:
Try these commands one at a time and see if it fails anywhere

wget -O /hdd/NordVPN.zip "https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/archives/servers/ovpn.zip"

cd /hdd unzip -o NordVPN.zip

mv /hdd/ovpn_udp /hdd/NordVPN2

Last edited:
Try these commands one at a time and see if it fails anywhere

wget -O /hdd/NordVPN.zip "https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/archives/servers/ovpn.zip"

cd /hdd unzip -o NordVPN.zip

mv /hdd/ovpn_udp /hdd/NordVPN2

I did a restart of the box and it worked fine now.

I edited the comment above, but you were faster than me.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.

Back