Zgemma hd channels

I know it's an old thread but I just wanted my issue clarifying before I shell out on a new box.
We have two Zgemma H2S boxes which will display all the available channels, both SD & HD via the connected TV & will record all the channels & play them back via the TV or via a laptop with Openwebif.
Until a couple of days ago we could watch live SD & HD channels on a laptop via Openwebif, but now we can only watch SD channels.
The HD channels that we mainly watched were GB News & ITV Yorkshire so I assume that these channels have just swapped from hevc 264 hevc 265.
Am I correct in thinking that this thread has been just about streaming from the H2S via the home network, which answers my query?
If this is the case we'll get a Zgemma 11S
Thanks for your help.

Hmm, my problem is not what I thought it was.

Our Zgemma H2S manual shows the boxes as being able to decode with hevc264 & the HD channels that we live stream to a laptop all show as hevc264 on the VLC codec checker, which is why we could live stream them.

So basically nothing has changed that I can see, one day HD channels live streamed & the next day they didn't.

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks.

Hmm, my problem is not what I thought it was.

Our Zgemma H2S manual shows the boxes as being able to decode with hevc264 & the HD channels that we live stream to a laptop all show as hevc264 on the VLC codec checker, which is why we could live stream them.

So basically nothing has changed that I can see, one day HD channels live streamed & the next day they didn't.

Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks.
In case anyone has a similar problem I've sorted it, & it was nothing to do with our two ZGemma H2S boxes.

I use Videolan VLC media player & when they update themselves I always choose to keep the existing settings for the installations. However, unkown to me, during the last update VLC installed the default settings which set the hardware-accelerated decoding option to 'Automatic' when the recommended setting is 'Disabled' for some file types including mp4 & m3u8.

Simple as that.

Back