Zgemma HS stuck on boot

Hi - just acquired a HS box but all I'm getting is 'boot' on the display along with the red light. I've flashed it a few times, no idea if that's been successful as the box won't get past the boot display

I've seen some stuff on other threads about a change of PSU potentially working - is there a PSU rating that people would advise?

Thanks for the help, I know there are experts on here.

Various threads on the same problem which has been covered many times.What are you using the box for as the zgemma Hs are quite old now so may be consider a newer device. I will have a look to see if i can find a past thread for you.

Flash your box with the correct software for your box model number that you say is HS:
openATV Nightly Downloads
There are similar model numbers 2S, H2, S, HS, H2S - but only the software that matches your model will flash your box properly.

Last edited:
Flash your box with the correct software for your box model number that you say is HS:
openATV Nightly Downloads
There are similar model numbers 2S, H2, S, HS, H2S - but only the software that matches your model will flash your box properly.

Thanks for the help. I think it might be a PSU issue as when I tried with a PSU with a higher amp rating I got the box booted up to 49 and then it stalled. Hopefully a combination of reflashing with a higher amp-rated PSU will do the job.

Thanks for the help. I think it might be a PSU issue as when I tried with a PSU with a higher amp rating I got the box booted up to 49 and then it stalled. Hopefully a combination of reflashing with a higher amp-rated PSU will do the job.
Stalling at 49 indicates a skin issue.
Next time you flash it choose default skin...something lo res not HD

Have transcend and cruzer both 4GB. Reformatted to FAT32 using built in mac disk utility app
Low level format it with HDDGURU then fat32 and download the correct file. Unzip it and then flash the box

How to flash Zgemma H1/2S/H2/S
  1. Format your USB stick with a FAT32 file system.
  2. Unpack the ZIP file and place the content on a USB disk.
  3. Plug the USB stick to the back panel USB port.
  4. Power on,
  5. Press the Power Key on the front panel after you see “USB”on the display. ...
  6. When done the box will boot up on its own.

Thanks for all the help - have managed to get wooshbuild on and through to the selecting a skin page (trying skyWB) and I'm getting a blue spinning circle for a long time, guess it's just loading up etc

Cruzer usually very reliable

What is the filename of the flash files you have downloaded?

That box is very old now, what are you intending using it for?

Box is flashing fine - got openATV link from one of the forums on here

Combo of Freesat and IPTV - it's actually for an elderly relative of mine so want something cheap that looks like sky so it's a familiar interface

Thanks for all the help - have managed to get wooshbuild on and through to the selecting a skin page (trying skyWB) and I'm getting a blue spinning circle for a long time, guess it's just loading up etc
Spinner may be caused by one or both of:
  • EPG-Importer - change 'Start import after booting up' from Always to Never
  • Timeshift - Press MENU, Select Setup, Recording & Timeshift, Timeshift Settings - Change 'Automatically start timeshift after' to disabled
SkyWB skin does not have a flash online/local option. For flash online/local press BLUE, System, Skin Settings and select EnigmaHD.

Use grogbuild instead of woosh as much more up to date but your must keep a usb mounted in the box all the time

Grog68 - The home of Grogbuild FreeRange - build for all ...

Thanks have tried this but getting this error when I try the code

no USB or HDD that has been initialised on the box has been detected, please initialise the USB device and make sure it has been mounted on /media/hdd and then retry the Grogbuild Setup

From other forums it looks like I need the USB mounted, but I can't initialise it in the box because it doesn't boot, and I'm trying to flat grogbuild onto it so that it does boot. Seems like I'm stuck in a loop, argh!

Once the box has been flashed with opentv low level format the usb with hddguru before attempting to run a custom build. Then initialise it on the box followed by mounting it then run the grog setup

Thanks have tried this but getting this error when I try the code

no USB or HDD that has been initialised on the box has been detected, please initialise the USB device and make sure it has been mounted on /media/hdd and then retry the Grogbuild Setup

From other forums it looks like I need the USB mounted, but I can't initialise it in the box because it doesn't boot, and I'm trying to flat grogbuild onto it so that it does boot. Seems like I'm stuck in a loop, argh!
Yout said yesterday that it flashed successfully
If it's not recognising the USB it will give you this error.
Get a new cruzer and try that

Back