Zgemma i55 which USB stick most reliable ?

pisshead

With the Zgemma box (I have two i55 latest models), which brand of USB memory sticks are most likely to work perfectly fine ?

In the past I have bought certain various brands of memory sticks and they haven't worked on some devices, so that's the reason why I ask as it's best to check first I suppose before I buy more.

I only need two spares for backing up the box images and another two, one for recording and one for saving EPG.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone up for recommending one please ? Might be Having a little bother with one I have here which is a golden oldie anyway, be handy to get a few good but cheap-ish ones to do the purposes I stated in the post above.

meant to close this by stating that I bought a sandisk and a Kingston, both USB 3, both work fine, both purchased from a place that only sells 100% genuine products, dont want to say the name in case this website has a shop that also sells usb sticks etc.
SanDisk 32GB Ultra Flair USB 3.0 Flash Drive - 150MB/s = £13.95
and
Kingston 16GB DataTraveler 100 G3 USB 3.0 Flash Drive - 100MB/s = £7.95
prices include vat and delivery, so not too bad.

I know that usb 3 speed sticks wont be any benefit on slow usb 2 ports like the zgemma i55 has but on my computers they will be a benefit, I was only asking the question in the first place so that I didn't buy a usb stick that zgemma's don't like, that's all, plus these answers may well help other people too I suppose ;)

meant to close this by stating that I bought a sandisk and a Kingston, both USB 3, both work fine, both purchased from a place that only sells 100% genuine products, dont want to say the name in case this website has a shop that also sells usb sticks etc.
SanDisk 32GB Ultra Flair USB 3.0 Flash Drive - 150MB/s = £13.95
and
Kingston 16GB DataTraveler 100 G3 USB 3.0 Flash Drive - 100MB/s = £7.95
prices include vat and delivery, so not too bad.

I know that usb 3 speed sticks wont be any benefit on slow usb 2 ports like the zgemma i55 has but on my computers they will be a benefit, I was only asking the question in the first place so that I didn't buy a usb stick that zgemma's don't like, that's all, plus these answers may well help other people too I suppose ;)
Cruzer here too - from Argos. I've fitted quite a few and they work well, altho I've had a few give up the ghost eventually.

Sandisk cruzer blade but for some reason 64gb occasionally caused issues for me when trying to reflash.

Sandisk cruzer blade but for some reason 64gb occasionally caused issues for me when trying to reflash.

thats possibly/maybe because for some strange reason as far as I am aware your best to use a 16GB flash drive stick or even a much smaller one to flash a box, saying that though I easily flashed two zgemma boxes with a 32GB Kingston flashdrive and the zgemmas are meant to be really fussy boxes when it comes to flashdrives too, the main thing for doing anything with any boxes is to prepare the drives properly, use a tool like BOOTICE, usually comes with a step by step guide to tell you what to do and it's so simple and instant to use.

For recording etc though the sky is the limit really, USB external hard drive or usb flash drive, as large as you like really.

Back