Zgemma in Standby -IPTV Stream still active?

jazz

When my Zgemma is put into standby (like overnight) does the IPTV stream remain active and continues to use bandwidth from my ISP?

I am on unlimited, just don't like hogging up bandwidth unnecessarily. I suppose a good test would be to check the router lights?

Quick test. Put on a fhd cannnel and run a speed test.
Put box into standby mode and run same speed test. Speed should go up, it did for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. If the box is put in to standby (and enters standby properly), then it won't continue to use the stream.

But if you really want to make sure, change to a sat/cable channel before putting in standby

No it won't be streaming but when it wakes in the morning to import epg it will start up again. So best thing to do if you don't like using unnecessary bandwidth or are on a download limit best thing is leave on a fta channel before turning offf at night

when box in standby it ain't using anything, panel has no connection from it either, what I would do tho is your box is more than likely set to wakeup and do a import, so I would go to a freeview channel from sat like bbc1 press menu on that channel and there is a start-up option make that the channel it wakes up in when it's coming back on to do it's import. that way if box is on then ain't using iptv services.

when box in standby it ain't using anything, panel has no connection from it either, what I would do tho is your box is more than likely set to wakeup and do a import, so I would go to a freeview channel from sat like bbc1 press menu on that channel and there is a start-up option make that the channel it wakes up in when it's coming back on to do it's import. that way if box is on then ain't using iptv services.
Top tip bro cheers. Will that only work from deep standy though or if I leave an iptv channel on standy will it select the fta channel too?

Top tip bro cheers. Will that only work from deep standy though or if I leave an iptv channel on standy will it select the fta channel too?
Depends which option you choose. Can choose:

Only on startup
Also on standby

So, you can have it bootup to certain channel on everytime you wake the box from standby, or only every time you start the box up (i.e. reboot or from deep standby)

Depends which option you choose. Can choose:

Only on startup
Also on standby

So, you can have it bootup to certain channel on everytime you wake the box from standby, or only every time you start the box up (i.e. reboot or from deep standby)
Id like to know the answer to this please. Wooshbuild on zgemma h2s

Id like to know the answer to this please. Wooshbuild on zgemma h2s
If your Zgemma is in standby, it's network card is still active.
It will however be able to do things like timed EPG and other updates which are handled over IP (ie minimal volume workloads compared to getting and rendering a broadcast) but it will not ordinarily be bringing-in an IP stream from the outside world.
If your Zgemma on startup from stand-by launches an IP stream, typically that is just a product of it's settings (ie start from the last place where you were when you were turned-off).
It is of course also possible to have a Zgemma render media to a remote device elsewhere on your LAN. This would typically be handled over the LAN, and the Zgemma will do it when in stand-by and/or when switched-on and being watched from the TV directly attached to it.

Last edited:
Back