ZGemma iptv EPG offset?

acer458

Hi
I’ve finally taken the plunge into iptv before VM stops working and found the best way for me is to use the ZGemma box as the family is used to the gui and epg.

Found the best way to be iptv bouquet maker to have channels listed underneath vm channels and xstreamity for vod.

However the epg on iptv bouquet maker is one hour ahead and can’t find a way to offset it? Any ideas how to go about syncing epg correctly? The epg on vm channels is fine but tiresome to change back and forth.

Strangely the epg on xstreamity is fine but mayb it downloads from a different source?

Try jedimaker xtream just don't select vod in settings you can use same playlists.txt file from etc\enigma2\xstreamity folder and copy it to etc\enigma2\jediplaylists folder.

Will definitely give that plugin a try especially if it’s same as iptv bouquet maker in terms of creating categories in the ‘fav’ list. Thanks

If anybody has ideas how to offset the iptv epg would really appreciate the help as I have it ‘almost’ setup perfectly for me as is, except for the one hour difference in epg....It shows programmes start one hour earlier than they actually do.

Have you double checked it is not the time on your zgemma that is wrong i had that after fresh installation of openatv did not notice at the time. Time settings went from london to belgium

Yh checked the time, it’s set to London and the vm channels epg is fine. I’m beginning to think it may be the providers epgurl that may be the issue (summer time?/dst?). I’ve only ever had to use the epgurl for iptv bouquet maker. Haven’t had to input providers epgurl for any iptv app before.

When you mentioned xtreamity and epg times are ok on that, thats why I mentioned jedimaker xtream it's done by KiddaC same guy who does xstreamity.

Installed jedi maker to see if that works for me. The UI and functionality is way better than iptv bouquet maker, channels zap faster and overall smoother experience. However....the epg is completely broken for uk channels! Only a few channels in the uk categories show any epg information and its one hour out. Major step backwards in terms of epg compared to iptv bouquet maker. Funnily enough the US channels have almost fully populated epg.

If anybody has ideas how to offset the iptv epg would really appreciate the help as I have it ‘almost’ setup perfectly for me as is, except for the one hour difference in epg....It shows programmes start one hour earlier than they actually do.
I'm in the same position. My supplier's epg is an hour out on my zGemma H7C and two other HS2s in the family, but it is perfect on apps on my phone - suggesting that it is not the supplier's EPG that is the problem but something to do with the way bouquetmaker or epgimporter handle it. Can't really understand why as it has been perfect up until fairly recently.

I'm in the same position. My supplier's epg is an hour out on my zGemma H7C and two other HS2s in the family, but it is perfect on apps on my phone - suggesting that it is not the supplier's EPG that is the problem but something to do with the way bouquetmaker or epgimporter handle it. Can't really understand why as it has been perfect up until fairly recently.

That’s interesting, turns out both jedi maker and iptv bouquet maker result in epg one hour out on my box. Is it possible yours has been out since the clocks changed at the end of March? Or is it a more recent problem?
I remember similar issues with normal epg when clocks changed in the past. I’m wondering if it’s something to do with the way clock changes are handled by the providers epgurl script or the box?

Tried it with just rytec uk and no provider epg and resulted in no epg info for uk channels. I’m pretty sure US channels were still showing the correct epg.

That’s interesting, turns out both jedi maker and iptv bouquet maker result in epg one hour out on my box. Is it possible yours has been out since the clocks changed at the end of March? Or is it a more recent problem?
I remember similar issues with normal epg when clocks changed in the past. I’m wondering if it’s something to do with the way clock changes are handled by the providers epgurl script or the box?
My supplier has been doing a lot of work on his EPG and at one time it was an hour out for everything, but he found the problem and sorted it for most apps. I would guess it is connected to the clock change but not certain. I wonder if there is a flag to show BST in the file, but EPGimporter doesn't recognise it (Pure guesswork for no knowledge!!!!).

Annoying! Maybe someone with more knowledge about this stuff can explain if there’s a way to offset epg either natively (I cant find it) or a script file or something.

Gave it a shot, both time zones were the same and unfortunately the same result. Epg showing for all channels but still one hour ahead.

It was worth a try. I know there were some issues a few weeks ago with time zones and that sorted it for me.

The only way you can do it is via the xstreamity plugin as the EPG is all done via your provider so it is them that have the issue but in xstreamity you can go in and set the offset to -1. You cannot do this in the Jedi plugin

The only way you can do it is via the xstreamity plugin as the EPG is all done via your provider so it is them that have the issue but in xstreamity you can go in and set the offset to -1. You cannot do this in the Jedi plugin
Thanx. That solves that, saves me faffing about. Need to find another provider who’s got their epg fully sorted and get multiroom while I’m at it. Xtreamity is good for the vod but can’t use it for general tv viewing, has to be enigma2 box for me personally.

Thanx. That solves that, saves me faffing about. Need to find another provider who’s got their epg fully sorted and get multiroom while I’m at it. Xtreamity is good for the vod but can’t use it for general tv viewing, has to be enigma2 box for me personally.

Xtreamity runs on enigma2 box?

Back