Zgemma recording

Jonnyb72

Hi guys hope you can help I’ve just bought a zgemma h9s and set up on wooshbuild infinity trouble is when I try to record one channel and watch another I get the sly recording icon on the screen and the remote becomes useless so I’m not sure if it’s recording the other channel but the channel it’s stuck on is streaming fine I just can’t do anything at all with the box ? I have two lines from my provider and a hitachi hdd connected any help needs to be given in idiot terms as I’m useless with tech thanks again guys

Hi guys hope you can help I’ve just bought a zgemma h9s and set up on wooshbuild infinity trouble is when I try to record one channel and watch another I get the sly recording icon on the screen and the remote becomes useless so I’m not sure if it’s recording the other channel but the channel it’s stuck on is streaming fine I just can’t do anything at all with the box ? I have two lines from my provider and a hitachi hdd connected any help needs to be given in idiot terms as I’m useless with tech thanks again guys
I think you have one tuner only so you will only record which channel you have on!!

I also have an H9S and I loaded Openatv 6.3 to see if I could get the box to record and timeshift. I managed to get it to work so it would record, rewind, pause and all the rest but not sure how I did it.

I could not get the channels to load correctly so I decided to reflash and now I cant get it to record or rewind, I can however pause.

It's so frustrating and I can't work out what I have done wrong.

Can anyone help? I imagine it's something in the settings.

Yes it does but recording iptv is hit and miss and not very reliable as a fart will throw everything out, best to get a sub that has catchup with it!!
Catch up tv is good but when you simply want to rewind back to the start of a program its lacking.

Can anyone help with this? I suspect its a very small setting that I have missed.

Just to add to it, when I do press record I get the wheel spinning, its only when I unplug the SSD that it says it cant find the tuner?

I also have an H9S and I loaded Openatv 6.3 to see if I could get the box to record and timeshift. I managed to get it to work so it would record, rewind, pause and all the rest but not sure how I did it.

I could not get the channels to load correctly so I decided to reflash and now I cant get it to record or rewind, I can however pause.

It's so frustrating and I can't work out what I have done wrong.

Can anyone help? I imagine it's something in the settings.
You need to initialise the hd and mount it, I have just flashed h9s online and had a problem getting it work without telling me there wasn't enough space/memory to do it, it worked for me to initialise then reboot before the box recognised it, 6.2 will do then wooshbuild infinity will sort it out again!!

You need to initialise the hd and mount it, I have just flashed h9s online and had a problem getting it work without telling me there wasn't enough space/memory to do it, it worked for me to initialise then reboot before the box recognised it, 6.2 will do then wooshbuild infinity will sort it out again!!
Yes I did the above and also checked to ensure it was the correct format and that it's mounted, even without the hard drive it is letting me pause live TV (Not sure how?) so I suspect something is not set correctly. I just cant find it :-(

Timeshift and record are both set to /media/hdd/ and not set to the internal flash.

Yes I did the above and also checked to ensure it was the correct format and that it's mounted, even without the hard drive it is letting me pause live TV (Not sure how?) so I suspect something is not set correctly. I just cant find it :-(

Timeshift and record are both set to /media/hdd/ and not set to the internal flash.
I would reflash again, usb if possible, I had to do it online as it wouldn't let me usb , then when it gets to set up let wooshbuild take over it will sort any hard drive added and you will have the chance to select region for sat, make sure the tuner is properly configured single, simple and sat name, then try.
It took me three times to get it right, the box is a bit temperamental in my opinion but when you get there it seems stable

I would reflash again, usb if possible, I had to do it online as it wouldn't let me usb , then when it gets to set up let wooshbuild take over it will sort any hard drive added and you will have the chance to select region for sat, make sure the tuner is properly configured single, simple and sat name, then try.
It took me three times to get it right, the box is a bit temperamental in my opinion but when you get there it seems stable
Thanks, I will try again with 6.3 on USB. I am not using it for Sat, just IPTV so been turning the sat off each time.

Any recommendations for loading the bouquet on? The ipk my provider gave me is not working. I tried Jedi Xtreme but just wondering if you know of a better one/alternative?

There's a tutorial on here if you search!! I used it once, I use the allfourone plugin and my epg God and catchup populates through that, vod that is

When you say live tv you mean iptv? I think that the stream is letting you pause etc like if you had a app iPlayer it would do the same on the telly!!

I also have h9s and have tried everything, it's never recorded once! Same problems as above, very annoying because the box works well apart from that. Can anyone recommend another zgemma box, apparently lots of people with the h9s have these issues with recording?

Hi
My h9s is in bedroom and I didn't really get it to record, anyway I have tried to record from epg and no problems, openatv 6.2 and wooshbuild infinity metric skin, if I t is problem with recording iptv that is a problem on mozt zgemmas and there loads of posts on here to verify that.
The h9s has only one tuner so you can only record the programme showing, my experience with recording iptv is that it can be unreliable, I've sat down on a Sunday morning with 4 hours of boxing to see and ended up with 27 minutes!! If its iptv get a decent one with catchupm

I’m in the exact same boat there must be some settings that need changing anybody know these or is it just iptv and recording that never work????

I’m in the exact same boat there must be some settings that need changing anybody know these or is it just iptv and recording that never work????
I don't think there are settings to help you record iptv!! ask your supplier if its possible, the box will record sat stations but only the one its on or your watching as its only got one tuner, there are umpteen posts on here with recording iptv problems and not too many solutions, at best its touch and go and unreliable as I have found out!!
The alternative is get a sub with catchup. or if its iptv you only want get a half decent android box that allows you to download.

Ok, so today I managed to get this to work for me! Pause, Rewind Record!

Here are the issues I still have and how I did it, if you know how to fix then please let me know.

Issues:-
EPG will only load 24 hours at a time so I cant do seriel record (I can add a timer)
System crashed when watching a recording that was still recording (21:28:28:2448 [] dvb/tstools.cpp, dvb/dvb.cpp and gui/ewidget.cpp are the errors I get.
If i leave it on a specific channel and come back after 2 hours then the last channel is froze and it says buffering -1 and I have to change channel and go back to get it working.

The above are not major issues as I really wanted to Pause, Record and Rewind to work as a priority, that said if you can help with the above then please do!

The FiX!

So I have the fantastic and fast H9S but I am only using it for IPTV as I have no SAT dish.

1, I flashed OpenATV 6.1 from USB
2, I removed the USB
3, I installed my bouquet
4, I installed EPG Importer
5, I flashed OpenATV 6.3 Beta
6, I plugged my 750GB SSD back in
7, I installed my bouquet
8, I installed Wooshbuild from Terminal (Command Line)
9, I installed my bouquet again
10, I installed EPG Imported again
11, I set the EPG to the SSH

After a few changes to timeshift etc it worked.

I think the key here is 6.3, all the steps in between are all that you would have done before.

I hope this can help others!

Back