zGemma S2 Assistance Please

SP0NGER0B

zGemma S2 Assistance Please (Solved)

Good morning Techking Guru's!

Yesterday I had a zG.2S box delivered. I reflashed it using an image from here (the 2nd most popular, I forget the exact name as I'm using my mobile to write this)

Possibly related? The OpenATV initially said no signal strength but I ignored this knowing I was reflashing. Then the SlyK build initially said the same, after double checking connections it started working.

I only have one LNB feed, so inserted into Tuner A (bottom right). CLine ftp'd in directly. Set Tuner B to not configured and Autoscanned. My box picked up 262 channels. At this point EPG shows lots of 'n/a' channels. Then on to ABM, set providers to ROI SD and hit scan.. Problem exists and it error messages out, tuner lock problem.

So then I took the box to a friends house who has dual feed LNB. Set Tuner A to simple, Tuner B to simple as well (also tried equal to Tuner A), rescanned and found 977 channels. ABM scanned fine and I had a fully working box. Which was fantastic!

When I got home I plugged in my box, tuner failed error message, no channels working.

Obviously my dish must be slightly out of alignment (Sat. pointer was in the 80's) or have corroded coaxial cable? So here is my list of questions please..

(1) Should a zG.2S work at location A if initially scanned at location B or is it correct procedure to rescan at every different location?

(2) Would I be correct in saying you need to scan and ABM scan successfully to be able to view channels? I tried AB 28.2E available from the plugins but still couldn't get it working.

(3) According to Wikipedia (which MUST be true.. Lol) ITV's are only available to UK, yes I have found them on my box but they are not obvious so I added them to my favourites but its a long and drawn out process, now I think Channel 5* and others may also be missing. Is there an easier way for ROI viewers?

(4) More to come, my mind has gone blank..

Today I may consider running a second LNB feed to the dish, and trying to sort out the alignment better. It frustrating, especially seeing as every channel scan takes an age as well as every restart too.

Edit : OK.. So I've just changed rooms, used a homeplug to get a hardwired net connection in the spare room and connected the zG.2S and guess what? Everything is working!! So I've answered Q.1 myself. The problem is either (i) that feed on LNB (ii) that rooms cable wiring or (iii) possibly the weather. Signal is between 66-71 in here.

Last edited:
better advice is to post in correct section then people will read and answer your post=hence no answers.

It looks like the cable from box to dish with it working in another room first check the fconnecter is in tight then look at the connecter on lnb

or if you have a 'wall plate' type connector it might be the lead or connections to/from that? or even the connections inside the wall plate?

better advice is to post in correct section then people will read and answer your post=hence no answers.

Ahh my apologies, I find it hard to read a new forum.

Always helpful, thanks

dish not aligned to 28.2 or wrong sat scanned

Dish must be aligned correctly, other three LNB feeds are fine.

It looks like the cable from box to dish with it working in another room first check the fconnecter is in tight then look at the connecter on lnb

Yes, although really I need to enlarge the hole going out to the dish, run another four coaxial feeds and change the quad LNB to an octagonal LNB. It could be the 4th feed on the Quad LNB, the connection or the faceplate. All need checking when I get the time.

or if you have a 'wall plate' type connector it might be the lead or connections to/from that? or even the connections inside the wall plate?

Yes, as above.

Thank-you for your helpful comments, I guess this is solved, well it could be solved but needs some hard work!

Back