Zgemma S2 Need help unable to record and watch different channel

Hi Guys

Ive taken the plunge and purchased a Z Gemma S2. Its a fantastic upgrade from my previous Skybox F5S.

I've set it up with Succumse vix image and followed the steps to set up the autobouquet (Great job).

The box is set up and I am watching with my C Line installed.

I am using a re formated HDD (old sky 500gb) plugged into the back and no seperate USB stick.
I have two feeds coming straight off my sky dish (both tested and working)
One feed is in tuner"A" the other in Tuner "B"

But I cannot for the life of me get the box to record and watch another channel at the same time.
When I click record the red circle with R flashes up, but changing the channel just brings up a black screen.

What I have done so far:-
The HDD drive has been mounted in mount manager ( /media/hdd),
Swap manager is "Active" & "Enable at start up"

Recording settings = "default movie location" + "Timer recording location" & "Instant recording location" all go to /media/hdd/movie
Recordings always have priority = yes

Customise settings = set up mode expert, preferred tuner "auto", preferred tuner recordings "auto"
I havent changed any other settings.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advanc

think one of your cable connections is faulty,recheck and refit.does happen even on originals,solo2 or duo both set at 28.2,tuner a matches tuner b.

Hi Cactikid

Checked both connections both in tuner A then in tuner b and switched preferred viewing to make sure both receiving feed from dish. Still no luck.

where do i go to check "set at 28.2, tuner a matches tuner b"

Can i ask how you have it set up and working to record and view a different channel at the same time?

Thanks Snapper 93

Still no joy. :(

Does anyone have the recording function and viewing a different channel working at the same time?
Hoping its not a faulty box.

Plenty on this forum have the Zgemma star 2s - so someone will be able to guide you- Sucmnsee may be on later and he set up an image for this box

---------- Post Merged at 12:48 PM ----------

MTpockets also provided an image for this box, so either of the 2 of them will no doubt be able to help

tuner setup same as any of the guides for vu-enigma2 receivers,bees did a newer setup somewhere lol.

Hi I had the same problem with mine, the fix I used was to install CCcam 2.3.0 instead of using CCcam 2.1.3. and have had no problems since. Hope this helps.

Hi if you go into TS panel then softcams and click install( blue button) it will give you a list of available downloads select and install from there and once it is downloaded just highlight it and click Start/Restart.

Snappeer 93, Cactikid, bobn337 thanks guys

Cactikid
- where do i go to check that both tuners are 28.2?

bobn337
- installed 2.3.0 - still getting just a black screen.

- tuner a is is preferred tuner & b for recordings
- alternative services tuner priority -

Hi sorry to hear still not working dont know if this is of any help but both my tuners are configured to advanced and preferred tuner for recording is set to auto.Can you record what you are watching or are you getting no record at all ?

Bob
-I can record what I am watching, but as soon as I change channel just a black screen

- How do I configure both tuners to advanced?
When I go into menu/system/setup customise I have the set up as "expert mode"
Is there a seperate screen I should be going into for tuner a & tuner b?

Hi if you go into menu/set up/service searching/tuner configuration then go into each tuner set configuration mode to advanced. then highlight satellite and check you have both set to 28.2E if not then use remote right/left until you are at 28.2E. Then select LNB and set it to LNB1 click Green to save and you should now have both tuners set up to advanced close using Red button you may have to re-scan just select auto scan.

you need 2 sat feeds for 28.2 as if only 1 feed recording will overide,should not need to scan a second time if both tuners are setup the same.

...(Holding head in hands)...Shakes head...Still no joy.
The rescanning came up with 900+ channels (standard 60cm sly dish)

I have the two feeds coming straight of the dish

Hi if you have checked both feeds in the same outlet to see that both are working and configured tuners as advanced I am at a loss other than updating your image I am out of suggestions and can only hope that some of the seasoned professionals on here can help you further. Hope you get it sorted.Bob.

Both tuners need to bet set to simple-single-28.2e...Go to menu-set up-settings- service searching-sat Finder and check that both tuners show as locked and see what the signal is like..
if you are sure both feeds work then try testing each tuner individually one feed in one at a time..
use ccam 2.30 you can get it from openATV site..if you have done all this and still no joy then I would reflash a fresh clean image rather than a back up image...I'm running mine on Vix 153 and have no issues recording or playing back...

Last edited:
thanks for all your help so far
drummer
where can i download vix 153 please?

---------- Post Merged at 06:41 PM ----------

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva]Thanks for all your help guys that was meant to say.

[/FONT]

Back