Zgemma Star 2s Black screen

GaryAddis

Evening gents/ladies
I have a Zgemma star 2s which has been working fine up until Saturday night. Watching saving private ryan then black screen of death. Time stays on the LCD but box is completely unresponsive. Today i install sucmnsee latest image and got it up running again, perfectly, or so i thought. It will broadcast a channel perfectly then just make like a pop noise and the HDMI seemingly disconnects and DCC can't find the device anymore. Reboot the box fixes this temporarily. Ive even had a purple screen. Has anyone ever had this before?
A bit of background, when i was watching Saving Private Ryan, enjoying all the manly war travesties i was also recording X factor for the wife. Thinking it was going to the 320GB hard drive from my old PVR box, which i had previously, properly formatted (long format) to fat32, but the recording was storing on my 16GB usb in the back instead. My memory filled up on this and this when the first crash happened. Could a full USB cause a failure like this rather than just stopping the current recording?
Any help greeeeeatly appreciated.

Back