Zgemma star 2s in 2020 any use?

Hi guys,
I am a late arrival to iptv I have a subscription using smart iptv app but I have been given a zgemma star which I heard great things about a few years ago, it was bricked but I’ve managed to put whoosh build on it. My provider says it’s no good to use and as I was added by my tv MAC address I don’t know my line my question is can I use the zgemma, would it be better than smart iptv app and what can this stb do these days?

Would be be better than smart iptv your provider has your username password and server url if you ask him for those details I've mentioned you should be able to use jedi xtream bouquet maker if he is willing to give you the details there's a great bunch of people on here who will help you get setup on your zgemma I use zgemma for iptv that's a load of crap he just added your smart iptv mac address to smart iptv playlist site so would've used m3u which contains the details I've mentioned

I would've thought that box would struggle with iptv, I know the old H2 box I had struggled badly. Jedi would drain the box quickly of any life/ just my opinion but maybe worthwhile looking into a newer box, the H5 handles the lot and its's reasonably priced

I would've thought that box would struggle with iptv, I know the old H2 box I had struggled badly. Jedi would drain the box quickly of any life/ just my opinion but maybe worthwhile looking into a newer box, the H5 handles the lot and its's reasonably priced
True but would put on for time been I've a star 2s wish plain open atv and jedi is a bit slow but it's an old box and would be suitable for time been to move him away from smart iptv but do agree a newer box down the line would be better

A mate had a star 2s that I set up for iptv a couple of years ago. If i recall correctly, it took an age to start up but ran iptv OK once running.

If you don't mind paying out, a firestick can be bought cheaply enough and will run iptv well.

Would be be better than smart iptv your provider has your username password and server url if you ask him for those details I've mentioned you should be able to use jedi xtream bouquet maker if he is willing to give you the details there's a great bunch of people on here who will help you get setup on your zgemma I use zgemma for iptv that's a load of crap he just added your smart iptv mac address to smart iptv playlist site so would've used m3u which contains the details I've mentioned
Are you using the same zgemma star as I have?

A mate had a star 2s that I set up for iptv a couple of years ago. If i recall correctly, it took an age to start up but ran iptv OK once running.

If you don't mind paying out, a firestick can be bought cheaply enough and will run iptv well.
I have a fire tv generation 2, what are you saying that I can use this but with a much better app than smart iptv?

You can put the smart iptv app on a fire tv. Alternatively you can put iptv smarters on it, or a rebadged version used by an iptv provider.

I have a fire tv generation 2, what are you saying that I can use this but with a much better app than smart iptv?
I use a star 2s box in kids bedroom if you look at my first post I've mentioned what you need from provider to move away from smart iptv app if you have a firestick ask your provider if he has his own android app which takes your username and password from your m3u which he would have uploaded to smart iptv playlisy

What would be the best version of openatv to use on star 2s box? I currently have 5.3 with sucmsee build and was looking to move to wooshbuild. The box has been working fairly well over the years using a sat line so I have not bothered with any updates.

What would be the best version of openatv to use on star 2s box? I currently have 5.3 with sucmsee build and was looking to move to wooshbuild. The box has been working fairly well over the years using a sat line so I have not bothered with any updates.
If its working fine then leave it alone i suggest, sucmsee builds were done using those boxes and the newer firmware builds are quicker

That is my usual approach hence why I haven't updated along with not having the time to do so. I get the odd time where the box freezes up so as we all find ourselves with a bit more time on our hands thought look at seeing if I can get any improvements

That is my usual approach hence why I haven't updated along with not having the time to do so. I get the odd time where the box freezes up so as we all find ourselves with a bit more time on our hands thought look at seeing if I can get any improvements
Then flash it with willobuild as that supports the box and been tested

S2 and H2S here, both are still working well.. Admittedly the 2S is slower than the H2S and I am certainly, not the most patient person but it's tolerable.

Back