WooshBuild Zgemma star H2

Wolfman89

Hi

My zgemma star H2 which I have had for 4 years is playing up for the last week or so. I have to keep rebooting it and after about 20/30 mins the blue circle in the top left hand corner will come up...the remote will stop responding...the channel will still work but I have to reboot the box to change the channel!!

Any advice?

It probably needs flashing 6.2 is outdated now.
You may be able to couch flash it, put usb in and initialise it
Then press blue/flash online local
Choose openatv 6.3

Blank, although initialising it removes any data on there so it shouldn't matter.
If you want to try something else rather than flashing it, you can see if there's an update stuck in the pipeline
Openwebif
Terminal
Type root
Click enter
Type opkg update
Click enter again
See if it improves

as long as there is space on it you can just use the usb stick you use for recordings etc, no need to reinitiialise if you want to keep the recordings

I have a blank usb stick in the box, I have pressed the blue button, gone to hard disk, initialization, selected device, pressed red to initialise.
Pressed blue, flash online and selected 6.3, when it said backup? I said yes....once done do I need to add the lines back in? I have virgin cable & iptv

I have a blank usb stick in the box, I have pressed the blue button, gone to hard disk, initialization, selected device, pressed red to initialise.
Pressed blue, flash online and selected 6.3, when it said backup? I said yes....once done do I need to add the lines back in? I have virgin cable & iptv
Yes you'll need to add the lines again

What option should I select?
Option 1 upgrade (backup, flash & restore all)
Option2 clean, flash and start clean
Option 3 backup, flash & restore
Option 4 backup flash and restore settings and selected plugins?

Thanks for sharing I was trying to figure out how to update build
you can go through the flash online 6.2 to 6.3 possibly to 6.4 but after that it id 7.2 but you cannot use settings so better to flash without restoring settings also openatv 6.4 is EOL (End of Life) so no more updates openatv 7.2 is current version.

All that box is good for these days is freeview or free sat things have moved on since they first came out. Woosh is no longer supported
So I'm stuck so with open atv 7.2 and that's it. What other builds can go on it if woosh is no longer supported. I mainly use it for the free to air and was considering running iptv from it . Can I add my own m3u8 /m3u file to it and if so can you link me to a post that shows how . Thanks for replying

Back