Zgemma Star S2 stuck on boot

If a Zgemma is stuck on boot, download HDD low level format tool from HDDGURU: Laptop and Desktop Hard Disk Drives, Tests, Software, Firmware, Tools, Data Recovery, HDD Repair. Plug the usb stick into your pc and then open the low level fomat tool. Select your stick from the list of memory devices that Guru displays. Continue and on the next page tick the 'Perform quick wipe' box. Click 'Format this device' and all is done in a few seconds. Close the Guru and use your PC to format the stick in fat 32. Next unzip the open vix firmware of your choice onto the stick. Turn off the Zgemma (rear white button in the out position). Put the usb stick into back of the box, push the white button in and quickly press the front start button repeatedly. The flash should occur followed by a successful boot. If the flash does not occur repeat the operation. Any usb stick that has been initalised by a Zgemma wiil always require the low level formating before any reflashing. I noticed that if the box is tuned into astra before installing Sucmnsee software for a Slik skin some channels will not tune when Sucmnsee is flashed on subsequently. Now the Auto bouquet maker will have changed and a special bouquet maker for astra 32 can be found in plugins. Install and retune.

Johm, go back a few replies and see how to prepare your memory stick for reflashing a Zgemma. That is the only way to go. Other earlier threads on Techkings suggested that small capacity Kingston sticks were best. I use successfully an unbranded stick of 1GB capacity.

No problem in flashing the box but when I load a new image (tried several) the box will not boot again! Driving me nuts!

Assuming that you are using open vix or open atv firmware from zgemma.co uk and nothing is happening I can only suggest that you go to Linux support.com and sign in there. I would be out of my depth doing the stuff that they are suggesting there. Sorry that is all I can suggest. If you are in Ireland Munster gadgets were selling the h2s models for 65 euro delivered. Bought one there myself. Hope you can fix yours.

Most things are available on this website Without going to others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming that you are using open vix or open atv firmware from zgemma.co uk and nothing is happening I can only suggest that you go to Linux support.com and sign in there. I would be out of my depth doing the stuff that they are suggesting there. Sorry that is all I can suggest. If you are in Ireland Munster gadgets were selling the h2s models for 65 euro delivered. Bought one there myself. Hope you can fix yours.

Not in Ireland unfortunately!! Thx anyway!

All info to try and get box going is available on site if still struggling pm me

If you want to try and get it going if you look at top of page you will see private message Just say hello with message to me will get back

My zgemma star 2s stuck on boot tried teflashing but just stays on boot with openviy on screen any tips please

What does the lCD display read when you boot with the stick in the rear usb? The first message should be usb and at that instance you must press the start button on the front of the box. It should then display 'flash' and after a minute or so booting should commence. Sometimes the display reads 'update' which is no good. Try some other images such as 'open atv' etc on a properly prepared stick. If no success then there are other threads on 'techkings' and the guys who hang around there really know their business! coramick.

same here

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ----------

mine is stuck on boot screen with sky
logo

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ----------

mine is stuck on boot screen with sky
logo

If your getting a sky logo try pressing fav button and going to entertainment pressing a FTA channel like BBC 1

Back