zgemma usb unmounting

lee benson

hi guys im new to e2 machines so dont bite my head off if this as been asked before,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
ok setup my zgemma box up followin kiddac guide to set up from scratch so thanks for that kiddiac

so all when well,,,, was all setup then i read some thing that epg needs to set up to hdd not internal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
so i checked my epg settings and it was set to internal tryed to change to hdd but couldent pause record wont work

so checked to see if it was mounted and it wernt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so what do i need to do now,,,
as i said im new to e2 machines and if try and initialize the drive again wont i lose every thing en?

so what shall i do guys any help be thanks

do you have both external powered usb hdd or just standard usb stick,if recording that takes preference over everything else.usb needs to be initialized first to be mounted ext 3/4 .if you have both you will see 2 paths usb and hdd and make sure you choose correct one look at size of it as sometimes boxes mix up drives like using recordings going to 8gb hdd and epg going to 250 gb usb.
only a format will erase all data so dont do that.

yes thanks for reply cactikid i have a 128gb usb flash drive,,,,,,,,,,,,so what should i do now as for setting up epg etc... as my usb keeps unmounting and from what iv heard the cheap ones keep doing this?
so im going to try i differnet one so what do i need to do thanks

so the 128 usb flash drive is a stick i take it any make,yes chinese usb have issues,if the box has 2 usb ports in rear use a usb 8gb for epg in one port and other port use a powered externally usb hdd for recordings.until you have somewhere for your epg to go dont download as you will end up having to reflash box.either follow sucmnsee tut for setting up box or look at bees thread for setting up enigma2 combo boxes as a guide.

so the 128 usb flash drive is a stick i take it any make,yes chinese usb have issues,if the box has 2 usb ports in rear use a usb 8gb for epg in one port and other port use a powered externally usb hdd for recordings.until you have somewhere for your epg to go dont download as you will end up having to reflash box.either follow sucmnsee tut for setting up box or look at bees thread for setting up enigma2 combo boxes as a guide.
yes thanks for that will give it a go thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,another thing before i go wheres softcam panel as i cant find it ,,,,,,,,im on openatv 5.1 thanks

Last edited:
Back