WooshBuild Zgemma woosh build initialise hard drive

straff

Hola peeps, I am working through the woosh build. I'm up to the bit where it asks about intialise the hard disk. The hard disk was on the box prior this recent flash. Will it need formatting again as the box has been flashed. Cheers

Hola peeps, I am working through the woosh build. I'm up to the bit where it asks about intialise the hard disk. The hard disk was on the box prior this recent flash. Will it need formatting again as the box has been flashed. Cheer
Yes it will but post in the wooshbiuld infinity support section for help is the best thing to do (y)(y)

Good morning, so I am successfully using the Woosh build which I love by the way. I am using a external hdd which I have always used. I successfully manage to record programmes I wish to watch but when it comes to play back the programme the box goes into reboot. Once it has rebooted then if I press play again then it plays no problem, although if I try to fast forward or rewind then it may reboot again. I attach the message that pops up. Do I need to follow what the pic says or is it just a simple fix? Thanks

Attachments

• 20190420_185713.jpg
    20190420_185713.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 18
Not sure bud. I have always used it with ipab with no issues. I have tried initialising it and the box finds the device which I select and it says box has been initialised. There is no prompt offering what to format it as.

its a Samsung external hdd drive that I plug in to the back of my zgemma h2h box if that means anything.

Does hdd have its own power supply as in plugged into 13amp socket.
Check in mount manager it should list your usb devices
mounts.jpg

No the device does not have it's own power supply. It is a Samsung m3 portable. External 1000.204 gb. There is an option to convert ext 3 filesystem to ext 4...should I press this?

Yes its not setup for recording do it and retry.
I only use powered externally if using hdd as usb only might crash box.

No it didn't work mate...changed to ext 4. I then tried to play back a movie and it just went into boot....

Does it now show as like above picture?
Try recording a newer item and see if that plays ok.
Other possibility usb port cant handle drive? might need a usb powered hub to work.

Good morning, so I am successfully using the Woosh build which I love by the way. I am using a external hdd which I have always used. I successfully manage to record programmes I wish to watch but when it comes to play back the programme the box goes into reboot. Once it has rebooted then if I press play again then it plays no problem, although if I try to fast forward or rewind then it may reboot again. I attach the message that pops up. Do I need to follow what the pic says or is it just a simple fix? Thanks
hi I have been having the same problem with my zgemma h5.2tc I even sent a screen shot to openatv 3 months ago but still no reply I use an external 1tb hdd and even tried using a 64gb usb stick but you still get the same problem

Does it now show as like above picture?
Try recording a newer item and see if that plays ok.
Other possibility usb port cant handle drive? might need a usb powered hub to work.
Got something on record today, will have a look later and get back to you...

Well I'll be, I mean it's early days but I have played, rewind and forwarded the programme I recorded today and it has not gone into boot mode. You is the man Cactikid. Thank you very much

hi I have been having the same problem with my zgemma h5.2tc I even sent a screen shot to openatv 3 months ago but still no reply I use an external 1tb hdd and even tried using a 64gb usb stick but you still get the same problem
Hi, I'm sorted I think. Just follow the instructions in this link, seems to have worked for me. The programmes I recorded before doing this still cause the reboot but what i recorded today work fine...

Back