Zgemma

damienf1

Hello

Family member Looking to upgrade there zgemma box to run Iptv and Freeview as back up i currently have the h92s however looks like can't buy these anymore as said discontinued? Why i going for this box as I had no bother recommending it since I've had no issues at all. Is possible to get these at all or what is latest zgemma box that can run iptv and Freeview along with recording

Thanks

If you really want Zgemma then the H7 will suit your needs other to consider are Octagon SF8008 4K and the Gigablue Trio.

Ferret , a question about "Freeview" , my H9S SE has a single DVB-S2X tuner , which btw is useless to me as I don't have a dish anymore . I should have paid more attention when choosing the box , I wanted to use it for IPTV and freeview OTT channels. Looking at the specs on the H7 you mention above , it also has a DVB-C/T2 tuner , which I assume is the port that one connects the cable from a roof top arial to ?
Reason I am asking is , I will have to stick my box on ebay and get a box that will let me connect terrestial channels via an arial alongside IPTV.

Damien f1 , the H92S that you mention , has 2x sat ports (no terrestial port unless I am reading specs incorrectly ). In your OP , you say "freeview" which I take to mean free channels via a rooftop arial not "freesat" ?if you read my post above , the H7 that Ferret quoted , it has a terrestial port , so it would be the Zgemma you ( and I ) need maybe ?

Better CPU in my opionion
Thanks would the h7 be better? I noticed the processor is different tge h92s seems quicker or am I incorrect
Better CPU in my opinion different chip set. all these boxes are out of stock in a lot of places due to chip shortages.

Ferret , a question about "Freeview" , my H9S SE has a single DVB-S2X tuner , which btw is useless to me as I don't have a dish anymore . I should have paid more attention when choosing the box , I wanted to use it for IPTV and freeview OTT channels. Looking at the specs on the H7 you mention above , it also has a DVB-C/T2 tuner , which I assume is the port that one connects the cable from a roof top arial to ?
Reason I am asking is , I will have to stick my box on ebay and get a box that will let me connect terrestial channels via an arial alongside IPTV.
Yes the H7 will take a Ariel feed for terrestrial TV.

Damien f1 , the H92S that you mention , has 2x sat ports (no terrestial port unless I am reading specs incorrectly ). In your OP , you say "freeview" which I take to mean free channels via a rooftop arial not "freesat" ?if you read my post above , the H7 that Ferret quoted , it has a terrestial port , so it would be the Zgemma you ( and I ) need maybe ?
Yeah would be freesat only to be used if iptv goes down for a day...

Thanks would the h7 be better? I noticed the processor is different tge h92s seems quicker or am I incorrect
If you really want Zgemma then the H7 will suit your needs other to consider are Octagon SF8008 4K and the Gigablue Trio.
Damien go for the Octagon SF8008 4K its by far the best box for the price and will give you years of use. Zgemma is ok but octagon different league in build quality.

Looking at changing from my old H2H to something like the Octagon SF8008, when it becomes available in the UK, been using willobuild up to press, what build can I use on the Octagon, and will IPTV run on this, currently using a firestick 4K, thoughts?

Looking at changing from my old H2H to something like the Octagon SF8008, when it becomes available in the UK, been using willobuild up to press, what build can I use on the Octagon, and will IPTV run on this, currently using a firestick 4K, thoughts?
hi i did a user review here,
SF8008 4k twin or amiko viper 4k V40
they are available in uk? yes iptv runs no problem ( well except delay)theses have multi boot so you can have 4 images on and alternate so willo, grog, or old woosh, or atv & vix

Thanks Dean, looking at the review the Octagon looks the better bet. Not sure if Willo is supporting his build anymore looking at the downloads section.
Regards

Grogbuild or Wilobuild

In the market for a new box myself. Have used zgemma h5.2tc but it is beginning to struggle with many iptv bouqets.

So far i have whitted it down to:

Zgemma h9S SE - which seems an upgrade from H9S

Octagon SF8008 - model is a bit older so not sure if image support will last that long and it is bigger i think.

I need to run sky (free channels) and iptv side by side. Used grog all this time.

Thoughts?

In the market for a new box myself. Have used zgemma h5.2tc but it is beginning to struggle with many iptv bouqets.

So far i have whitted it down to:

Zgemma h9S SE - which seems an upgrade from H9S

Octagon SF8008 - model is a bit older so not sure if image support will last that long and it is bigger i think.

I need to run sky (free channels) and iptv side by side. Used grog all this time.

Thoughts?
Octagon is far superior to the H9SE

Octagon is far superior to the H9SE
in what sense?

I have compared, but not sure what makes it better.

Zgemma has quad core (1.5ghz), 16gb memory and 1GB DDR3 ram, with usb 2.0 and dual boot - circa £70

Octagon has quadcorse (1.6ghz), 8gb memory, 1GB DDR4 ram with usb 3.0 and linux only - circa £110

thanks in advance for the thoughts.

Ive had both the the only one i still have is the Octagon.

Forget dual boot on the SE the manufacturer does not support it yet and 3rd party android images are poor.

In operation the Octagon is much quicker than the SE which feels a little sluggish in cpmparison. I guess the ram on the Octagon been DDR4 helps. Build quality is better on the 8008 as is the remote. The Octagon moves my dish with easy the SE was erratic not an issue for you and as such the SE may suit you.

Last edited:
In operation the Octagon is much quicker than the SE which feels a little sluggish in cpmparison. I guess the ram on the Octagon been DDR4 helps. Build quality is better on the 8008 as is the remote. The Octagon moves my dish with easy the SE was erratic not an issue for you and as such the SE may suit you.

Thank you for your opinions.
No movement of dish required (just plain jane free sky UK) + some IPTV

I may opt for Zgemma now, but later on when I move, i will upgrade to the Octagon (and maybe a newer and flashier model maybe out by then)

Back