Zone 2 Sky Dish

regy101

Hello all,

Looking for some advice and hopefully clarification.

I used to have a 90cm dish motorised a few year back but then went the IPTV route!.

I have Zone 1 sky dish for 28.2e but I am looking to install a Zone 2 sky dish (60cm x 80cm roughly) for the below sats;
13e
16e
19.2e

Would this work on a multi LNB holder with 16e as the main focus? I am in the North East of England.

Thanks

Hello all,

I used to have a 90cm dish motorised a few year back but then went the IPTV route!.

I have Zone 1 sky dish for 28.2e but I am looking to install a Zone 2 sky dish (60cm x 80cm roughly) for the below sats;
13e
16e
19.2e

Would this work on a multi LNB holder with 16e as the main focus? I am in the North East of England.

Thanks
Not helpfull I know , but love the avatar , FTM.

Hello all,

13e
16e
19.2e

Thanks
LNB spacing is your biggest problem there but it is possible with bullet nose LNB's Personally i would use a standard 80/90cm dish if possible as North east will be a stretch on a zone 2.

LNB spacing is your biggest problem there but it is possible with bullet nose LNB's Personally i would use a standard 80/90cm dish if possible as North east will be a stretch on a zone 2.
Cheers Ferret, what about if i only wanted 16e? Would that work? i received an LNB with the dish but it is 0.9db so not thinking it is up to much.

Yeah youll get that on a zone 2.

Have a play with another lnb to either side of 16 east you may get away with it in good weather.

Thing is with those LNB's there peaked to the shape of the dish, standard 0.2db lnbs would not work much better on that dish.

You won’t get much rain margin if any on a Zone 2 on 16e.

You need an 80cm minimum and you’ll still get break up on some transponders in the rain.

Your prime focus l.n.b will be 19.2 east
High responsive transponder Then adjust the
L.n.bs to suit With the Disqec switch connect 13east to port A as it a lower responsive transponder ,then 19.2 east to port B 23.5 east to port C and 28 east to port D Always found
this installation method works best

Shame, I'd be looking for a bigger dish if I was you. More room for extra lnbs and stronger signal etc.
Maybe look online for 2nd hand ones going cheap

Just coming back to this. I got the Zone 2 dish installed and picking up 16e (most transponders) with between 59% & 63% quality on Viark Sat 4k. I have managed to scan in all the S-Sport channels 1-7. I am struggling to get some other transponders e.g 11512 H. I needed to fine tune quite a bit to get the other transponders. Ia it worth trying again to get some of these weaker transponders or would you say i would be wasting my time?

Just coming back to this. I got the Zone 2 dish installed and picking up 16e (most transponders) with between 59% & 63% quality on Viark Sat 4k. I have managed to scan in all the S-Sport channels 1-7. I am struggling to get some other transponders e.g 11512 H. I needed to fine tune quite a bit to get the other transponders. Ia it worth trying again to get some of these weaker transponders or would you say i would be wasting my time?
Was always going to be tough in the North east.

Are those readings with the dish pointed at 16 east prime focus not an offset lnb.

Its worth trying to tweak on the weaker transponders as a rule of thumb.

Was always going to be tough in the North east.

Are those readings with the dish pointed at 16 east prime focus not an offset lnb.

Its worth trying to tweak on the weaker transponders as a rule of thumb.
Prime Focus LNB mate. On the weaker TPs, i seem to go to 44% then jump back to 0%. I will get the ladders out and give a tweak on one of those TPs.

Prime Focus LNB mate. On the weaker TPs, i seem to go to 44% then jump back to 0%. I will get the ladders out and give a tweak on one of those TPs.
Have you got a meter or can you at least see the Viarks screen to judge.

If that’s in the dry, you’re screwed as soon as the clouds roll in.

My 1M is at 73-74% and in a monsoon, will drop to 60-62%. On a Viark you’ll lose lock at 50-55%.

Can you get lock on the Arena Sport channels? Some of those TP’s are noticeably down in strength compared to DigitALB.

Back