Zone 2 Sky Dish

If that’s in the dry, you’re screwed as soon as the clouds roll in.

My 1M is at 73-74% and in a monsoon, will drop to 60-62%. On a Viark you’ll lose lock at 50-55%.

Can you get lock on the Arena Sport channels? Some of those TP’s are noticeably down in strength compared to DigitALB.
I done a blind scan and managed to get a lock on majority of Arena Sports channels at 52%. It started raining quite heavy and some channels went down to 44% with break up. the S-Sports channels remained at around 62% even in the rain. I think this is the best i will get with the Zone 2 until i get the opportunity to do a fine tweak on the weaker transponders. Still impressed with what the Zone 2 can pull in

16east is low responsive transponder 80cm to 88cm satellite dish would give you the correct d.b to start with Your s.n.r would increase to 88 to 94 % even higher Then you would have no isues with rain margin

I done a blind scan and managed to get a lock on majority of Arena Sports channels at 52%. It started raining quite heavy and some channels went down to 44% with break up. the S-Sports channels remained at around 62% even in the rain. I think this is the best i will get with the Zone 2 until i get the opportunity to do a fine tweak on the weaker transponders. Still impressed with what the Zone 2 can pull in
You have done well to find 16e on a Zone 2. I tried on a Triax 65cm camping dish and gave up.

What lnb is on the Zone 2?

The issue with 16e isn’t really strength, it is not weak in the UK. It is the fact it is sandwiched between two really high powered satellites, 19.2e and 13e and they swamp it.

People recommend a bigger dish due to beam separation.

Could it be the shape of the Zone 2 is helping with that? Possibly!

You have done well to find 16e on a Zone 2. I tried on a Triax 65cm camping dish and gave up.

What lnb is on the Zone 2?

The issue with 16e isn’t really strength, it is not weak in the UK. It is the fact it is sandwiched between two really high powered satellites, 19.2e and 13e and they swamp it.

People recommend a bigger dish due to beam separation.

Could it be the shape of the Zone 2 is helping with that? Possibly!
Just checked again and the LNB is stated as MK 4 Single Output LNB. Its not like the Sky LNBs.

I would never use sky l.n.bs for European satellite transmission Always bullet l.n.bs
The narrower the l.n.b the better the
snr on all the transponders Alp l.n.bs are also
very good narrow and perfect for the correct spacing along the multi l.n.b holder

Attachments

• 16899317432778686988056214514517.jpg
    16899317432778686988056214514517.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
The better sky LNB's are manufactured with the correct shape feed horn for the elliptical shape of the dish to match it perfectly.

Standard round feed horn LNB's will work but not as well as they can not collect all the signal from a elliptical dish as the feed horns are round. Usually resulting in lower signal levels.

You can use 13east as the prime focus l.n.b or
19.2 east If you want to include 23.5east you will
Position the 19.2 east l.n.b where the 13east l.n.b is positioned in the picture below

Attachments

• IMG_20220722_090706.jpg
    IMG_20220722_090706.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 13
Back